Christian Purslow

villan-scott

9 hours ago, the_eristic said:

That was the warning from Liverpool fans. Despite his strengths, he won't keep his nose out of the footballing side.

Yeah im gonna take advice from a club that was a complete and utter mess for many years. That wasnt on purslow.

Look at them currently whi they going to blame now?

It was a bad appointment yoh ding sack your ceo on one bad appointment 

If it wasnt for purslow appointing smith we would be likely in the championship still. So who is right the owners or some moronic liverpool fans?

• Like 1

Laughable how people can back him up he has no interests in football side and should have stayed out of it.  I have previously said he put in his mind Gerrard and that was it he was our manager poor process he needs to go aswell.

Edited by ozvilla28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

Laughable how people can back him up he has no interests in football side and should have stayed out of it.  I have previously said he put in his mind Gerrard and that was it he was our manager poor process he needs to go aswell.

I said a long time ago Purslow was problematic. Good to see more people finally seeing the light now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

should be Lange's job, obviously with his position he has to be involved with the discussions and negotiations but it should be Lange's shortlist and proposal

I honestly wouldn’t trust Lange’s recruitment of a manager/coach either. Especially as our player recruitment is so poor. It’s starting to look like we are pretty poor all round really, isn’t it. 

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I honestly wouldn’t trust Lange’s recruitment of a manager/coach either. Especially as our player recruitment is so poor. It’s starting to look like we are pretty poor all round really, isn’t it. 

I agree haven't been impressed at all with Lange big wraps seen nothing.

23 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

This Sky interview from January is short but sweet.

CP- quote-  Steven said I want proven winners-  its that winning mentality- laughable now with Steven in charge and barely lays a glove on Leeds and Forest 

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

No way would Gerrard would stop to do that job, he would feel it would be slap in face plus the new manager may not want Gerrard in that position.  Clear house and get the new manager in.

I meant Purslow, not Gerrard. Agreed, Gerrard wouldn't do that!

3 hours ago, gatecrasha said:

CP- quote-  Steven said I want proven winners-  its that winning mentality- laughable now with Steven in charge and barely lays a glove on Leeds and Forest 

The winning mentality of playing defensive, pragmatic football to get points on the board because of his own ineptitude. 

Getting kinda fed up of the big talk and not a lot of follow through. No other team outside the top 6 has been flapping their gums as much as Villa have when it comes to Europe these last 2/3 years . All big empty talk. No substance to it. Wouldn’t trust this clown to pick the right guy next anyway. Wolves can go get Lopetegui just like that. 

• Like 3

Yeah I’m not a huge fan of people showing up when everything is rosey, then disappearing/bsing us when shit hits the fan. Didn’t Purslow say recently that our style of play is a work in progress? After 1 year we are still a work in progress? Meanwhile other teams can go and change their manager and within 12 games you can see what they are at least trying to do.

As much as I gave him props with certain things in the summer, he has a lot to answer for right now. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to give Purslow shit for hiring Gerrard. It was a gutsy move but it hasn't worked out. However, trying to persist with Gerrard when it's not working will be on Purslow.
Don't let this situation persist for much longer. There is no sign this team is heading in the right direction. Not at all. Quite the contrary in fact. 

• Like 2

What I don’t want to hear from his next season we are aiming for Europe, no doubt they will put the season tickets up again to watch the current shit, I know we are 50/50 if we are renewing next season 

Â