Christian Purslow

villan-scott

What do we think?

Has Purslow started any process to remove Gerrard?

Would be best for everyone if he left after City rogering. What a mess.

If he's still there when we lose to Southampton at home, my goodness is he getting it from the holte.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Hope he owns all of this when it's all said and done. Was quick to make a video after the Grealish saga w**** himself off. Needs to keep the same energy.

I think a personal message is due again to address what's going on... maybe it would help turn around the toxicity some.  Transparency and just trying to reengage with a fan base that is less than pleased.

Edited by TheLegendOfLeonBailey31
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

I think a personal message is due again to address what's going on... maybe it would help turn around the toxicity some.  Transparency and just trying to reengage with a fan base that is less than pleased.

There's no saving Gerrard now. Certainly not a rah rah speech.

There is actually, but it involves the team turning it round on the pitch. He's incapable of doing that.

20 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

I think this is needed as soon as he sacks Gerrard, I am amazed and angry it didnt happen today.

He may have an explanation (maybe we owe Gerrard less compo if he loses 5 in a row or is bottom of the table or something) but we need to hear it. Because now it appears Purslow is watching the owners investment go up in flames and is seemingly paralyzed by it.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I think this is needed as soon as he sacks Gerrard, I am amazed and angry it didnt happen today.

He may have an explanation (maybe we owe Gerrard less compo if he loses 5 in a row or is bottom of the table or something) but we need to hear it. Because now it appears Purslow is watching the owners investment go up in flames and is seemingly paralyzed by it.

I think this is needed even if we DON'T sack Gerrard.

If they are keeping him on, even that would need explanation behind the thinking IMO, as currently I think as fans we are just lost.

We need something to bring back some sort of unity or understanding of our direction and " project " ffs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If they are keeping him on, even that would need explanation behind the thinking IMO, as currently I think as fans we are just lost.

We need something to bring back some sort of unity or understanding of our direction and " project " ffs.

1000% if we dont sack Gerrard than yes we deserve one helluva explanation.

• Like 2

Mr Purslow -  Can you let the fans know why the board has failed to deliver on transfers? Why has the clubs ambition completely deteriorated since the beginning of last season where the 1st team is concerned? Are the owners looking to sell over the next few seasons? Why are we sticking with Gerrard despite a poor return on results over 32 games? How will you ensure a swift return to the premier league should we be relegated this season? 

Any answers for the paying fans? The ones who were promised an aggressive push this summer just before season ticket renewals came up. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tayls said:

They are happy as long as the club is increasing revenues. The 1st team and their performances are secondary now - hence the window we have had. 

The football performances will affect the revenues eventually. Increasing our non-footballing revenues from where they were when they took over was actually quite simple for anyone with half a business brain, as we were one of the worst clubs at exploiting such opportunities. That will stagnate soon and the football performances will need to improve to help the revenues to grow further.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

probably knows he cant say "i fully support the manager", so would rather ensure he isnt asked until its sorted.....

I don't like reading too much in to things, but it might suggest that Gerrard will have the Leicester game?

I don't know, I don't think it really matters what the manager situation is, Purslow would be in for a rough time either way.

• Like 1

It's easy to demonstrate  open communication and dialogue with the fans when the going is good. You learn a lot about a person when the shit hits the fan. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Yep, bottle job. This would indicate to me they're going to give Gerrard the next few weeks to turn this around. I don't like it.

Gerrard will get until after the first intl break minimum and I suppose Purslow would rather keep a lid on things until then. Purslow right now will be holding all the thumbs he’s got for SG to turn things around - if only just a little bit, enough to delay the sacking and make things a little less embarrassing.

This was my nightmare scenario when SG was appointed - how will Purslow act if his personal hero turns out to be an obvious failure?

It’s not as bad as if he’d appointed his own son, but considering Purslow’s intense love for Liverpool and Captain Fantastic it’s pretty close.

Heard today on the Guardian’s weekly football podcast someone in the panel  mention the exact same thing, the risk of Purslow extending Gerrard’s stay for longer than he should.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we don't sack Gerrard it will be because we either get a result against Man City (almost impossible) or we win the next match.  I can't see the Board standing for losing 6 of the opening 7 matches.  They might think that losing to Arsenal and Man City isn't quite fair as a final nail in the coffin but then defeat at Leicester would surely be too much.  A draw at Leicester might give him a crack at Southampton - but I think he needs a minimum of 4 points from the next three matches.  I don't think the Board need to spell that out.  But if we get less than 4 points and he remains in charge then we need something.  Although I suspect that even if we make an announcement a pretty large proportion of fans would dismiss it IF Gerrard is still in charge.

Â