Christian Purslow

villan-scott

6 minutes ago, Nabby said:

To interested in his own ego and basking the limelight , bringing in SG is the same as when he brought Cole to Liverpool all about showing off the big names.Our transfer policy is being shown up , didn't Jesus slate Purslow when he left for interfering ?

CEO's make mistakes with managers all the time , just look at the how many clubs change manager but in SG he clearly went for the big name and the transfer's that followed are the same.The Owners need to call him out on it , it's their cash he is wasting 

I've just reassurected the suso thread in other football.

Interesting to read Suso's leak after leaving 2 years later. 

CEO Christian Purslow did not always willingly accept the owners' relationship with the sporting director. In case Dean Smith had to be replaced, he was asked for advice (Suso suggested Javi Gracia, Chris Hughton, Bruno Lage, Purslow wanted Steven Gerrard or John Terr

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've just reassurected the suso thread in other football.

Interesting to read Suso's leak after leaving 2 years later. 

CEO Christian Purslow did not always willingly accept the owners' relationship with the sporting director. In case Dean Smith had to be replaced, he was asked for advice (Suso suggested Javi Gracia, Chris Hughton, Bruno Lage, Purslow wanted Steven Gerrard or John Terr

I just imagined an even worse situation where Gerrard gets sacked is replaced with John Terry and his racist NFTs.

40 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It’s absolutely stunning how we as a club can go from looking like we have everything under control and on the right track to looking in complete disarray in such short periods of time.

In some fans eyes … The doom and gloom mongering  and hyperbole is somewhat laughable, OTT and based on fans expectations of instant success and not based in reality. We have no given right to be successful and we need to keep a bit of perspective. Forms not great but also not terrible. Losing isn’t great and we have looked devoid and haven’t been spanked (yet) and things could be different given a few positive results as confidence builds. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

In some fans eyes … The doom and gloom mongering  and hyperbole is somewhat laughable, OTT and based on fans expectations of instant success. 

What instinct success?

I and many other fans were happy to slowly built going forward and improving slowly but this clown ripped the transfer policy up for instant success signings while hiring his unqualified mate 

• Like 1

Has he ripped up the transfer policy or was a summer adding experience and quality required ? Do we not have a very talented crop of youngsters coming through whose pathway would/could be closed off if we signed a bunch of up and coming prospects? I get the criticism of Gerrard’s current tenure but the negativity and constant baying for blood is rather childish and short sighted in my opinion. It’s quite funny and @Zatman I’m not including you in this btw but the throwing of toys out of the pram on here is getting beyond a joke and isn’t based on facts just opinion and conjecture. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It’s absolutely stunning how we as a club can go from looking like we have everything under control and on the right track to looking in complete disarray in such short periods of time.

It is down to one person - the manager.

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Has he ripped up the transfer policy or was a summer adding experience and quality required ? Do we not have a very talented crop of youngsters coming through whose pathway would/could be closed off if we signed a bunch of up and coming prospects? I get the criticism of Gerrard’s current tenure but the negativity and constant baying for blood is rather childish and short sighted in my opinion. It’s quite funny and @Zatman I’m not including you in this btw but the throwing of toys out of the pram on here is getting beyond a joke and isn’t based on facts just opinion and conjecture. 

Just because we have talented youngsters doesn't mean they will make it. United class of 92 all didnt make it and Ferguson signed Keane, Cole, Solskjaer etc who were young and also had potential

Our policy change has been needless and pointleas with only Carlos being a player we needed. Coutinho and Digne werent required

The owners rightly get praised for the transformation of this club so I’m absolutely not taking anything away from them. But Purslow is in charge of the day to day stuff so also deserves huge credit for our transformation.

He f##ked up with Gerrard but he isn’t the first and won’t be the last CEO to get an appointment wrong.

I’m not interested in someone making the odd mistake, everyone does, I’m interested in how he reacts. If he acts quickly we accept the mistake and consider all the good he’s done. If this drags out longer than it needs to because of any relationship with Gerrard than I’ll be onboard with the negativity.

FWIW, I think he’s far to savvy for that and will act quickly.   

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Just because we have talented youngsters doesn't mean they will make it. United class of 92 all didnt make it and Ferguson signed Keane, Cole, Solskjaer etc who were young and also had potential

Our policy change has been needless and pointleas with only Carlos being a player we needed. Coutinho and Digne werent required

This is just nonsense imo of course we needed an upgrade on Taggart and got a French international in. And bloody hell who could turn their noses up at Coutinho. Both aren’t performing but doesn’t mean it’s the wrong call.

We have Feeney, Smith, Swinkels and Bogarde, KKH, Iroegbunam, O’Reily all coming through and with another layer below. Experience is what is required and would only question this approach if we are still signing older players  next summer or Jan 23 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, thabucks said:

In some fans eyes … The doom and gloom mongering  and hyperbole is somewhat laughable, OTT and based on fans expectations of instant success and not based in reality. We have no given right to be successful and we need to keep a bit of perspective. Forms not great but also not terrible. Losing isn’t great and we have looked devoid and haven’t been spanked (yet) and things could be different given a few positive results as confidence builds. 

If we continue with Gerrard's system that spanking is coming very soon and it's going to be a nasty red blistered backside 

30 minutes ago, thabucks said:

This is just nonsense imo of course we needed an upgrade on Taggart and got a French international in. And bloody hell who could turn their noses up at Coutinho. Both aren’t performing but doesn’t mean it’s the wrong call.

We have Feeney, Smith, Swinkels and Bogarde, KKH, Iroegbunam, O’Reily all coming through and with another layer below. Experience is what is required and would only question this approach if we are still signing older players  next summer or Jan 23 

Taggart.jpg

• Haha 1

If we all agree that Purslow got the Smith appointment right he currently has a 50% success rate.

I wonder if those saying he should lose his job also think the owners should sell up? Because if Purslow is considered a failure for getting messing 1 out of 2 appointments, should our owners be getting shit for messing up the only CEO appointment they’ve made? That’s a 100% failure rate.

No one thinks that, and rightfully so, so why is CP judged differently? 

Hope I'm wrong, but I find it hard to see Purslow sacking Gerrard unless we are in compete disarray. I think it would simply be too much of a personal failure for Purslows inflated ego to let him go. Think he will stick with Stevie as long as he can.

And fwiw I think Purslow has otherwise done a terrific job at the club, from what I can see. Just don't get too involved with the footballing decisions, stick to economy and management stuff.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

The club can sack Gerrard via a statement without Purslow saying anything. Without a dramatic turn around it will have to happen.

All Purslow has to do is stay out of the media for a while when it happens and Gerrard gets a pay out.  Its football ! It happens ! Move on !

9 hours ago, av1 said:

The owners rightly get praised for the transformation of this club so I’m absolutely not taking anything away from them. But Purslow is in charge of the day to day stuff so also deserves huge credit for our transformation.

He f##ked up with Gerrard but he isn’t the first and won’t be the last CEO to get an appointment wrong.

I’m not interested in someone making the odd mistake, everyone does, I’m interested in how he reacts. If he acts quickly we accept the mistake and consider all the good he’s done. If this drags out longer than it needs to because of any relationship with Gerrard than I’ll be onboard with the negativity.

FWIW, I think he’s far to savvy for that and will act quickly.   

I don't think he deserves huge credit at all.

Done the bare minimum IMO. What's he done that any CEO with a brain couldn't? All very simple when you have money coming from above to fund development.

Signed Danny Ings, wasting ~£50m. Sacked the man who brought the club back together after 10 brutal years. Hired his mate. Gave his mate a £18m contract. It's outrageous behaviour.

Edited by Tomaszk

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't think he deserves huge credit at all.

Done the bare minimum IMO. What's he done that any CEO with a brain couldn't? All very simple when you have money coming from above to fund development.

Signed Danny Ings, wasting ~£50m. Sacked the man who brought the club back together after 10 brutal years. Hired his mate. Gave his mate a £18m contract. It's outrageous behaviour.

I think that's unfair. He's not been perfect, but he's got lots of stuff right that we simply haven't noticed *because* he got it right. There are many worse CEOs in football, and he has credit in the bank for now.

I do wonder about his possible interference in the summer 2021 transfer window as a possible black mark against his name, but we don't know the ins and outs there. Was the whole Ings/Buendia/Bailey as replacements for Grealish thing just his PR spin on a series of transfers sanctioned by Smith, or did he take the reins there? Who knows?

I'd give him a chance to sort this out, and then if it's another dud manager or a long delay before we replace Gerrard, maybe my opinion will change. For now, he's safe in my eyes.

• Like 1

Â