Harold Moukoudi

KJT123

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Never mind. I hope this means a youngster gets promoted.  Have a feeling bree will be 4th cb choice now

Suliman and Clark have both been loaned out, and I think they would have been the ones from the youngsters.

I could be wrong, someone could correct me.

Obviously if this doesn't happen I am pretty bummed, but remember when people were complaining Bruce doesn't give our youth a chance? Well he wants to make Bree our #3 or #4 center back and now people are complaining about that too...

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Suliman and Clark have both been loaned out, and I think they would have been the ones from the youngsters.

I could be wrong, someone could correct me.

Suliman did seem to be next in line before he left, but I have a feeling Jacob Bedeau will be the next defender to move up from the u23s.  That's on the basis that I regard Bree as having already made that step.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe, but the club might see it as a waste of money to be signing a player on relatively high wages who can't play for 4-6 weeks.

And I think there's very very little chance we'll be looking for a new manager at all this season, let alone by October.

Totally agree we won't be looking for one.

We've already found him a month ago and he is just sitting waiting for the nod once the inevitable happens imo.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Godders said:

We're really not. Most, if not all clubs in this league will be looking at out squad with a mixture of jealousy and envy. 

until they get to our back line at which point it will be a mixture of shock and amusement.

PS aren't jealousy and envy the same thing?

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

until they get to our back line at which point it will be a mixture of shock and amusement.

They’re similar but slightly different.

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

In this particular context, yes they are both the same thing i.e. covetous. But they're not always the same.

37 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Obviously if this doesn't happen I am pretty bummed, but remember when people were complaining Bruce doesn't give our youth a chance? Well he wants to make Bree our #3 or #4 center back and now people are complaining about that too...

Bree is a natural full back and too small to rely on at centre back 

20 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

No. Jealousy is worrying that you might lose what you have - you jealously guard it. As in "a jealous husband", who suspects his wife is playing away. Envy is when you want what somebody else has got. 

I've mentioned this frequent misuse in the OT "Piss You Off" thread! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BOF said:

Suliman did seem to be next in line before he left, but I have a feeling Jacob Bedeau will be the next defender to move up from the u23s.  That's on the basis that I regard Bree as having already made that step.

The thing is will Bruce give Jacob the chance?

You’d think Bree, Hutton maybe even Taylor are ahead of him.

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

The thing is will Bruce give Jacob the chance?

You’d think Bree, Hutton maybe even Taylor are ahead of him.

Well that's the next question alright.  I was just replying to which players is next in line.

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lock. We tried to sign Scott McKenna so obviously this deal was off as no shock to anyone

That sounds like a desperate hit and hope. Nothing to do with the player he might be talented but to wildly bid so late in the window

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Totally agree we won't be looking for one.

We've already found him a month ago and he is just sitting waiting for the nod once the inevitable happens imo.

:D :D 

If it makes you feel better. 

It's just such an odd one. It doesn't seem like the sort of deal we needed to wait so late in the window to try and complete, especially if we had a backup option in Scott McKenna, who we also might have been able to get had we not waited until the last day of the window. Wonder if we could have got McKenna had we offered Elphick as a makeweight?

Â