Harold Moukoudi

KJT123

What is the situation with our leaders and staff, do any of them speak any other language than English?

Might be an issue when signing players.

Kicky, bally, heady, runny boopity boopy might be an issue during tactics (should we choose to use tactics)

Can totally see Villa omitting this part of handling players and hiving them greeted by someone like

Bildresultat för u wot m8

Just now, lexicon said:

If he read this site and saw how other young defenders have been treated during their development, there'd be no chance of him signing tbf. 

Such as ?  - surley you not on about Bree, Sulliman - they either aren't ready or not good enough.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

What is the situation with our leaders and staff, do any of them speak any other language than English?

Kicky, bally, heady, runny boopity boopy might be an issue during tactics (should we choose to use tactics)

Can totally see Villa omitting this part of handling players and hiving them greeted by someone like

English is the universal language - a lot of Europeans speak there own language - and English as well. Often people think its English arrogance that most brits only speak English, whilst our European counterparts speak many - however if most people speak english - then there is no need for us brits to learn a second language. - don't see Bruce not speaking french a deal breaker to be honest - the guy will have agent who will either have access to interpreter - or will speak the lingo himself.

I think this on hit the rocks - as the player didn't want to leave France - and if he did could probably himself a low end prem club in the summer.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

English is the universal language - a lot of Europeans speak there own language - and English as well. Often people think its English arrogance that most brits only speak English, whilst our European counterparts speak many - however if most people speak english - then there is no need for us brits to learn a second language. - don't see Bruce not speaking french a deal breaker to be honest - the guy will have agent who will either have access to interpreter - or will speak the lingo himself.

I think this on hit the rocks - as the player didn't want to leave France - and if he did could probably himself a low end prem club in the summer.

Thanks for the education :D I'm from Sweden BTW

But this was asked more on a broader scale as it has been an issue at the club for a long while (before Bruce so not a slight at him)

As much as most (?) young people in Europe has as least rudimentary skills in English, there is quite the gap from that to being comfortable in it. Trust me.

Speaking of arrogance, if you ever go to France you'll find that they are in many cases not at all keen on speaking anything other than French. Same goes for rural Italy and Spain.

I've no idea why this one might have hit the rocks, only brought it up because I came to think about it.

Really hope the club has learned a lesson or 2 from the Veretout, Amavi, Gil... fiasco.

Help the players as much as possible in bedding in.

Once again, not a dig towards Bruce. He isn't the club.

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Clark, Okore and Baker spring to mind. 

don't get that TBH.

Clark and Baker were pretty regular even when plying there trade as rookies - Clark in particular got himself a decent move to a prem club - as spoke highly of the club at his time of leaving. Baker I beleive is a regular at Bristol C. Okore blew hot and cold after his injury - ...I don't believe any of those players were treated poorly by the club.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Thanks for the education :D I'm from Sweden BTW

But this was asked more on a broader scale as it has been an issue at the club for a long while (before Bruce so not a slight at him)

As much as most (?) young people in Europe has as least rudimentary skills in English, there is quite the gap from that to being comfortable in it. Trust me.

Speaking of arrogance, if you ever go to France you'll find that they are in many cases not at all keen on speaking anything other than French. Same goes for rural Italy and Spain.

I've no idea why this one might have hit the rocks, only brought it up because I came to think about it.

Really hope the club has learned a lesson or 2 from the Veretout, Amavi, Gil... fiasco.

Help the players as much as possible in bedding in.

Once again, not a dig towards Bruce. He isn't the club.

Still not buying it  - plenty have overseas players have settled here, laursen, benteke, JPA, etc - 

Veretout was quoted a while after he left - that he never gave it his best shot here - something  along the lines of he found the few games tough - and from then on was focused on getting a move away.  Amavi I thought we sold to raise funds - and again he suffered from a big injurY - Gil I was never sure of - but hasn't been a raving sucess sincle leaving villa.

These are blokes in there early twenties - they are happy to take the six figure salaries, and have to man up a bit. no one wrapped Sammy Morgan or Andy Lochead in cotton wool. too many of the take the signing on fee, within six months are looking for next one. personally I wouldn't pander to that.

Just now, hippo said:

Still not buying it 

Buy what? That language can be a barrier? OK.

Also think there was a bit more on the Veretout story, than that.

Wasn't he basically put in a hotel with his girlfriend and new born baby and left to his devices without anyone from the club talking to him. Not even Sherwood,.

When Garde took over the damage was already done.

• Like 1

Bloody hell, i don't think there are many people on this site that have been as vocal as me for the need to change our manager, but even i can't find a reason to blame Bruce for this one. 

There are many sticks to beat the bloke, this isn't one. 

I will blame Bruce if there is no plan b, but there is still time. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Eric Black spoke French and he was a dick :P

so we did try and failed. so lesson learned.......never try

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Buy what? That language can be a barrier? OK.

Also think there was a bit more on the Veretout story, than that.

Wasn't he basically put in a hotel with his girlfriend and new born baby and left to his devices without anyone from the club talking to him. Not even Sherwood,.

When Garde took over the damage was already done.

Oh my god - how could he have possibly survived ?  - the club should have a put a care package in place - with 4 times daily home visits  from social services, and a turndown team, to tuck him at night. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Oh my god - how could he have possibly survived ?  - the club should have a put a care package in place - with 4 times daily home visits  from social services, and a turndown team, to tuck him at night. 

Ridiculous.

Having just moved to a new country where I don't think he spoke much of the language, with a new born baby it wouldn't have taken much from the club to look out for him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Relaterad bild

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

Ridiculous.

Having just moved to a new country where I don't think he spoke much of the language, with a new born baby it wouldn't have taken much from the club to look out for him. 

or he could have shown an ounce of gumption - and done something himself - perish the thought !

1 minute ago, hippo said:

or he could have shown an ounce of gumption - and done something himself - perish the thought !

You're completely entitled to your opinion that's what forums are for but i think you're being a bit hard nosed for expecting a 22 year old who had just moved abroad to a country that speaks a different language to him, whilst dealing with a new born baby. Add that to the fact that the manager at the time appeared to throw him to one side without explanation. It's hardly any wonder that it didn't work out for him with us and now hes tearing up Serie A.

• Like 4

Â