Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Word is he could be recalled. That would be a massive blow. Doubt it will happen though. 

Not sure why they would, they have two fit strikers for a lone striker role?, can't imagine him getting regular game time and I wouldn't imagine TA would be happy with that considering he seems to be having fun here and scoring a lorra lorra goals :)

I think it’s baseless speculation. Chelsea wouldn’t have loaned him here only to bring him back a few months later. He was barely making Chelsea’s bench and is thriving here. Would be a stupid move because Tammy wouldn’t play, and they’d need to pay us a cancellation fee. 

I asked my friend who works for Chelsea and she told me Chelsea structure their loans so that  " All loan players can be recalled at any time "

that's doesn't mean they will recall him  and she wouldn't be privy to any discussion on if they are considering it

Edited by tonyh29

If they recall him yes it would be a huge blow to not only us but Tammy as well.

Remember Tammy pretty much as it stands has know future at chelsea, wasn't even making bench him and Odoi.

We need to get promoted this season it's that simple, we need to offer Chelsea an offer they can't refuse. Because Tammy is only 21, he's scoring for us I would offer Chelsea whatever it took to secure Tammy permanent.

It's actually really annoying that we have these loan players and they are not even ours to keep, could be recalled. Not only the fact they cane here without a career any linger at there current club, but they have made a career at our club and there form has picked up again, basically were doing there job for them in making these players better again. I can't wait till we stop doing loaners, it's highly frustrating and I think if we're going to do it in the future have the option loan to buy put into the contract.

Tammy and Tuanzebe are two loaners who apart from snoddy, johnstone and grabban, i would say id be very sad and gutted we didnt secure them.

2020 can't come fast enough for me, I hope those new fifa rules coming in means Chelsea and man u have to slash there players by alot. Although I don't mean harm towards Tammy and Tuanzebe's career, I do hope it puts them out in the dark at chelsea and Manchester United so we obtain them. Think Tammy and Tuanzebe have played far better for us than when they were at there clubs.

Edited by Dave-R

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If they recall him yes it would be a huge blow to not only us but Tammy as well.

Remember Tammy pretty much as it stands has know future at chelsea, wasn't even making bench him and Odoi.

We need to get promoted this season it's that simple, we need to offer Chelsea an offer they can't refuse. Because Tammy is only 21, he's scoring for us I would offer Chelsea whatever it took to secure Tammy permanent.

It's actually really annoying that we have these loan players and they are not even ours to keep, could be recalled. Not only the fact they cane here without a career any linger at there current club, but they have made a career at our club and there form has picked up again, basically were doing there job for them in making these players better again. I can't wait till we stop doing loaners, it's highly frustrating and I think if we're going to do it in the future have the option loan to buy put into the contract.

Tammy and Tuanzebe are two loaners who apart from snoddy, johnstone and grabban, i would say id be very sad and gutted we didnt secure them.

2020 can't come fast enough for me, I hope those new fifa rules coming in means Chelsea and man u have to slash there players by alot. Although I don't mean harm towards Tammy and Tuanzebe's career, I do hope it puts them out in the dark at chelsea and Manchester United so we obtain them. Think Tammy and Tuanzebe have played far better for us than when they were at there clubs.

I think quite the opposite, when I see Kyle Walker performing brilliantly for Man City week in week out. It fills me with pride that he pulled on our jersey and we basically launched his career

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think quite the opposite, when I see Kyle Walker performing brilliantly for Man City week in week out. It fills me with pride that he pulled on our jersey and we basically launched his career

Personally I would get pride from a) developing our own players or if necessary b) developing our own players and getting a good price for them if we really need to sell them, or finally c) buying cheap or reasonably priced players and developing them for the team or to sell if required for a hefty profit.

Personally I get zero pride from developing other teams players where we have no long term or financial benefit as a club from it.

If loans can help us in the short term then great I suppose, but I would 100% prefer it if they were our own players.

The only caveat to the above would be loaning players with intent to buy them if they do well (Try before you buy).

Edited by MaVilla

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Personally I would get pride from a) developing our own players or if necessary b) developing our own players and getting a good price for them if we really need to sell them, or finally c) buying cheap or reasonably priced players and developing them for the team or to sell if required for a hefty profit.

Personally I get zero pride from developing other teams players where we have no long term or financial benefit as a club from it.

If loans can help us in the short term then great I suppose, but I would 100% prefer it if they were our own players.

The only caveat to the above would be loaning players with intent to buy them if they do well (Try before you buy).

Him and Darren Bent basically kept us up that season in my opinion, I’m all for loans (yes I’m aware that Darren Bent wasn’t a loan), they seem to have helped us a lot this season. I don’t understand the negativity towards loans at all, incoming or outgoing

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Him and Darren Bent basically kept us up that season in my opinion, I’m all for loans (yes I’m aware that Darren Bent wasn’t a loan), they seem to have helped us a lot this season. I don’t understand the negativity towards loans at all, incoming or outgoing

I'm not anti loans per se.

I agree that bolasie, Abraham, El Ghazi & Tuanzebe are good for us right now, but in a long term view they are an indictment that we dont have players that good or developed our own players over the longer term, and the fact we are in the championship indicates poor board/director/club/managers/coaches etc etc etc over a long period of time leading to our demise as a club, i would argue one rung on the ladder as part of the wider whole is the poor decisions made leading us to be in a position where these loans are a) better than what we have at the club and b) we havent developed our own or bought players of suitable calibre for us not to be here in the first place.

Ofc the argument is much wider and deeper, but i do think one spoke of the wheel that led us to where we are is the poor signings/development or lack of players who are/were good enough to keep us up towards the top of english football.

Obviously there are prob another 50 spokes on the wheel....so ye, dont take my comments in isolation, they need to be considered as part of the many spoked wheel that has rolled us in to a sh*t storm that it looks like we might just about be starting to turn around thanks to someone finally realizing how short sighted and backward we have been as a club for many years (purslow/DS/et al).

So in closing im not anti loans, im more anti the wheel and all the spokes of that wheel that have led us to where we are right now, in the words of Khaeesi (aka Dean Smith) - "im here to break the wheel" :P

So i say...."take a hammer to that wheel baby (DS), im right with u"

P.S - obviously DS isnt as hot as Khaleesi, but im sure he's a better head coach!

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I'm not anti loans per se.

I agree that bolasie, Abraham, El Ghazi & Tuanzebe are good for us right now, but in a long term view they are an indictment that we dont have players that good or developed our own players over the longer term, and the fact we are in the championship indicates poor board/director/club/managers/coaches etc etc etc over a long period of time leading to our demise as a club, i would argue one rung on the ladder as part of the wider whole is the poor decisions made leading us to be in a position where these loans are a) better than what we have at the club and b) we havent developed our own or bought players of suitable calibre for us not to be here in the first place.

Ofc the argument is much wider and deeper, but i do think one spoke of the wheel that led us to where we are is the poor signings/development or lack of players who are/were good enough to keep us up towards the top of english football.

Obviously there are prob another 50 spokes on the wheel....so ye, dont take my comments in isolation, they need to be considered as part of the many spoked wheel that has rolled us in to a sh*t storm that it looks like we might just about be starting to turn around thanks to someone finally realizing how short sighted and backward we have been as a club for many years (purslow/DS/et al).

So in closing im not anti loans, im more anti the wheel and all the spokes of that wheel that have led us to where we are right now, in the words of Khaeesi (aka Dean Smith) - "im here to break the wheel" :P

So i say...."take a hammer to that wheel baby (DS), im right with u"

P.S - obviously DS isnt as hot as Khaleesi, but im sure he's a better head coach!

You don’t think McGinn or Grealish are of the required quality? In my opinion, they’d honour us in the Premier League, they’re our players for now and hopefully the long term too

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You don’t think McGinn or Grealish are of the required quality? In my opinion, they’d honour us in the Premier League, they’re our players for now and hopefully the long term too

I wasnt commenting on Grealish or McGinn who i think are both good players, my comments were a broad comment about the last number of years.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I asked my friend who works for Chelsea and she told me Chelsea structure their loans so that  " All loan players can be recalled at any time "

Imagine if they actually did that, where would they put them all? There'd be hundreds of the blighters - they'd have to build a shed at the training ground to keep them all in.

• Like 1

Â