Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Ten goals in thirteen games. What a tremendous season he's en route to have. Not just in goal tally terms, general contribution.

I remember when this loan was initially being discussed I said I hadn't seen Abraham but would prefer we used Hogan, Davis or made amends with McCormack.

My word I can be a bellend!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I dread to think how much Chelsea may want for him.

Leicester gave Man City £25m for Iheanacho at a similar age, and Abraham looks far superior.

Add to that the competition for his signature, which will probably be greater than Iheanacho.

Let's look on the brightside though. We have a player enjoying his football at our club and who in all probability will be adequate for the Premier League.

When it comes time to make a decision on his future he will have us down as a place where he has had success in what should be the priority for him, playing good football.

• Like 1

Simply Tammy fits in perfect in with us, our club would be crackers not to throw a crazy offer to Chelsea for him. I think he would stay, he does seem to enjoy it with us and he certainly would be an asset and a danger to any team.

I hope Dean Smith and our owners have already discussed bringing him to villa park permanently. 

Apart from a better keeper to replace nyland and a few defenders I'd say Tammy is a priority to keep him with us. When I think of the likes of Grealish, Mcginn and Tammy on the same team I instantly see heaven between those 3 youngsters.

I mite head over to the Chelsea forum see if I can get any answers from there fans on whether they think there club would sell him to us..

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Add to that the competition for his signature, which will probably be greater than Iheanacho.

Let's look on the brightside though. We have a player enjoying his football at our club and who in all probability will be adequate for the Premier League.

When it comes time to make a decision on his future he will have us down as a place where he has had success in what should be the priority for him, playing good football.

Wouldn't we really get first dibs on his signature anyway been as he's already with us an weve already been doing business with chelsea over him. Think Tammy would know himself not to mess a move up to a club he's been firing goals in for after finding his goalscoring ways again. There is always that chance as well if he moved elsewhere it could all go to crap for him, its happened before to players.

Tammy wants to play in the premier, no doubt about that, problem with that is Chelsea would sell him to a club only outside of the premiere. Chelsea have said no to Tottenham before on a potential sale of a player because it's too direct competition. I see the only way of securing Tammy would be if were in a good spot come transfer window before we go into the premiere. We have the funds anyway we could match any club out there really two owners worth around 7-9 billion says that, surely Chelsea would be licking there lips at that thought lol. The only thing I could see as a negative in a deal would be that damn FFP but I would seriously do all I could to get round it to sign him.

I like your last paragraph, it's so true if we do get promoted he knows he has quickly become the man up front really and we love him. Tammy knows he's getting on fine at villa and he's back to scoring, he may indeed think to himself he's happy at our club and may not want to be put at the back of the line at chelsea again, it's going to happen if he goes back. 

I really can't see Tammy being in front of the players they have at chelsea now if he does go back. Then chelsea are no doubt going to want to bring one or two more worldclass strikers in i bet, heres hoping they do and they see us as a way to cash in on Tammy because we should go full steam ahead on that move. To think he was so reluctant to come to us and now look at him, he looks like the happiest player around that he made that move to us.

I am hoping we get promoted, and the lad comes out and says he would like us to buy him. 

Imagine if we had of had him at last season's play off final, I think it would of been a very different scoreline against fullham, we didn't even have Mcginn.

• Like 2

I've just looked at Tammys twitter and it's no end of lovely messages for our club and players he's playing beside..

https://mobile.twitter.com/tammyabraham?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I especially love the 2nd of October one where he says: well get to where we belong!!

He sounds like he's already ours lol..

🥰 I love a goal scoring striker. The good thing is, I can see him getting better and better this season. 

He certainly seems to have an affinity with us already, and most likely enjoys playing with Grealish and under Smith. 

As for signing him permanently, I could see it happening but only if we’re promoted. 

• Like 2

Just have to offer Chelsea an impossible to not take deal. He's got years ahead of him, and I think that adds to his price as much as his scoring regular.

I have just read that we could be seeing yet another striker on the way from Chelsea and Maurizio sarri is happy to let Callum Hudson-Odoi come to villa. The article also mentions it could be due to John Terry standing at Stamford bridge in how we mite be able to land the 18 year old forward in January.

Would be quite the pairing Odoi+Abraham..

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

🥰 I love a goal scoring striker. The good thing is, I can see him getting better and better this season. 

He certainly seems to have an affinity with us already, and most likely enjoys playing with Grealish and under Smith. 

As for signing him permanently, I could see it happening but only if we’re promoted. 

Agree with this. He does look the part even at this early stage. Reminds me of a young Lukaku/Sturridge type of striker.

Would look to sign permanently but the way he is playing I doubt Chelsea woukd be willing to sell.

A great talent.

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

This could be helpful. 

This could certainly work in our favour, Chelsea do have a massive team and that's why I dint think Tammy or Odoi are not getting anywhere near the starting 11 or subs bench..

It means that teams won't be able to hold onto talent in big numbers all in hope of making money from them. A team  the size of Chelsea will suffer down the line with these new rules and may as well sell a bunch of players to teams that will benifit having these players playing for them permanent  rather than being loaned to them.

Edited by Dave-R

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

This could certainly work in our favour, Chelsea do have a massive team and that's why I dint think Tammy or Odoi are getting anywhere near the starting 11 or subs bench..

Absolutely.

Abraham, Loftus-Cheek, Ampadu would all be welcomed here if Chelsea decided to part with these 3.

They wouldn't be cheap but atleast they would be Premier League quality when we go up.

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolutely.

Abraham, Loftus-Cheek, Ampadu would all be welcomed here if Chelsea decided to part with these 3.

They wouldn't be cheap but atleast they would be Premier League quality when we go up.

Let's have them, Hope your paying attention our club, we must take advantage of this and make them ours, we have the coin..

Tammy and Ampadu yes for deffo, Loftus where would he fit in though, he would obviously be putting someone out.

I feel as Tammy would be a replacement for kodjia anyway in the future, kodjia is 29 isn't he, few more years perhaps depending on how fit kodjia keeps himself possibly longer. Ampadu I'd say is a snap up straight away given we need some defence beside Hutton and Tuanzebe which brings me to Tuanzebe and wonder if we can snare him off of Manchester United.. 

I hope in these new rules that we would be allowed to sign these players even if there was no loan to buy agreement.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's fair to say that a very good promising first team could be built from some of the loanees of Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City etc.

If those rules come in at the end of this season, we truly need to go up now this season to take advantage of such a new system that would work to ours or whoever gets promoted from the championship.

From the way it sounds though is that all this amazing talent being held onto will start to flow out down into the lower leagues, they will simply have to have somewhere to go. No point staying at a club if one your not getting any game time and two you can't even be loaned out anymore because the club hit it's max loan outs.

• Like 1

Â