Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Cost us the win tonight with some really really poor finishing, even the games he scores in he misses loads of chances. Can see why he struggles in the premier league and flourishes in this one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

These games happen, but this game shows he'll never be top Top 6 worthy striker. Finishing isn't a skill that develops via experience most of the time. 

He is 21. Henry, Drogba, Van Persie even Ronaldo at 21 werent established finishers. He will learn and get better

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

He is 21. Henry, Drogba, Van Persie even Ronaldo at 21 werent established finishers. He will learn and get better

Yep.  He does everything else really well and will absolutely get better.  Just a bad day at the office.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Yep.  He does everything else really well and will absolutely get better.  Just a bad day at the office.

It’s really not though. This is a normal day at the office.  Just seems to miss sitter after sitter. 

The rest of your post is absolutely bang on though, so I’m sure I’ll feel differently tomorrow. 

Oh Tammy.

Worked really hard as usual. General play very good.

But man that one chance really cost us. Easy to say, but I think we'd have scored again after as they'd have been pushing right up. He had others as well.

Silly flick for their first as well. Never going to connect that return ball. We know their danger is on the break and you gift them the ball when we're in a great position.

Want to see him take it out on Stoke and bag another hat-trick.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Silly flick for their first as well. Never going to connect that return ball. We know their danger is on the break and you gift them the ball when we're in a great position.

Not sure he deserves any blame there. Was ages before their goal, and defence should have dealt with it. I'm happy to let talented attacking players try things like that around the opposition penalty area - it's not as if he did a no-look back heel towards our own goal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I've said this a few times.. but I don't think age should be looked at for loan players. Who cares how old they are if they are only with us for a season?

He could be playing championship football in 5 years or he could be playing for Real Madrid.. right now he is playing for us for one season and is missing way too many chances. 

Just now, KentVillan said:

Not sure he deserves any blame there. Was ages before their goal, and defence should have dealt with it. I'm happy to let talented attacking players try things like that around the opposition penalty area - it's not as if he did a no-look back heel towards our own goal.

It was one pass from that to their goal, it blatantly wasnt going to get through to Bolasie and everyone had pushed up.. there were plenty of other passes to play but he went for the most difficult one which wasn't even on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

I've said this a few times.. but I don't think age should be looked at for loan players. Who cares how old they are if they are only with us for a season?

He could be playing championship football in 5 years or he could be playing for Real Madrid.. right now he is playing for us for one season and is missing way too many chances. 

I think the point is that the reason we were able to get him on loan was because he's young and still learning and with players his age there is nearly always some inconsistency otherwise they would be playing for their parent clubs. It's one of those things you have to accept to some extent when you loan in young players. Still, he had a shocking night, I hope he bounces back against stoke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

It was one pass from that to their goal, it blatantly wasnt going to get through to Bolasie and everyone had pushed up.. there were plenty of other passes to play but he went for the most difficult one which wasn't even on.

You have to try risks in attacking areas, though.

He keeps getting into good positions and will score shed loads this season.  However, he missed two sitters tonight and, ultimately, that has cost us.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

If Abraham was putting all of those chances away he wouldn't be with us.

No one is saying he should put all of them away, but he had 5 chances - really good ones. A clinical striker even at this level should be putting at least 2 of them away. 

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Exactly this.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

It was immediately before? They got his flick, launched it forward and scored. Others culpable for the defending obviously.

I agree it's good to try things around their box. Just frustrating as it was a really crap flick 😄 He waited for it and telegraphed it, before then miskicking it.

• Like 1

Â