Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've had a quick read and it looks like it's about a month generally - I was basing mine on Luke Moore who dislocated his a couple of times at the start of a season once and on at least one of those occasions was treated on the pitch and carried on. Seems like there's a difference between a partial and full dislocation. Let's hope it's neither of those.

It depends. If he has dislocated that shoulder before, then he may be able to put it back in place himself. There might be no pain, or it could be sore for just a couple of days. If it is a first time dislocation, then it is a bit more tricky, and may need to be reimplaced by a medical professional. There are 5 nerves bundled around the socket, and then ligaments, blood vessels, and tissue to be concerned about when putting the wayward humerus back in its home. The usual time frame for being out from this is about a month to six weeks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

He didn't have the best of first halves. Loose touches, like everyone else.

Sums up his excellent attitude that second period. Took responsibility to make the first and screw everyone else, he's getting on the end of that second chance.

Hope he's OK.

2 hours ago, robby b said:

I guess a person could have a very small fracture to the collar bone or shoulder and then get up and walk off the way he did and then shake hands with people. But let's hope it's not that because I guess that would mean missing weeks, not just one week.

Or play out a Cup Final....Bert Trautman for Man City ?

(Mind you it was only against Blues. He’d have probably been okay in a wheelchair and anaesthetised....)

8 hours ago, hippo said:

Not been in the best of form. He scored one and set up the other today ? ....I beleive he has scored in our last 4 games ......(can't wait to get an in form forward then)....

Maybe I was being a bit unfair on him then! I haven’t been able to watch all games recently, but just got the impression from highlights and on here (on games I’ve missed) as well as my eyes (on games I’ve seen) that his all round play hasn’t been quite as good, and he had been missing some chances he would’ve previously scored, in the last couple of months compared to the start of the season when he was on fire. That would be totally understandable if it was the case - it’s a long season and he’s been our go to man up front for all of it, with a lot of pressure on especially during the first half of the season when if he and Hourihane didn’t score then generally we didn’t score.

Either way, I hope he’s back soon as he’s a vital player for us, and that the break allows him to get a bit of a breather and a recharge in time for the play offs, but I’m looking forward to see what Keinan can do in the meantime!

tbh it didn't look good straight away!

If you are in that much pain with the adrenaline of scoring a goal helping out things ain't looking good!

I've never seen a sling used for a dead arm either!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

There's only a few games to go just give him a pain killing injection before every game. or use the pain as fuel.

abraham should man up. kodjia has been playing with a broken arm for years!

Not that easy. I can tell you this, even with painkillers and an injection, there is a weird sensation, stops movement, there is a pain in your left hand side (for me, left shoulder). I went from lifting and carrying heavy loads to struggling to put on my coat. I can't imagine the impact on a sportsman who relies on quick movement.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick said:

If dislocated, no chance. Maybe 5 weeks he can be back, but 3 weeks will still be very sore and need physio.

Well back to hoping our physio has a real thing for protecting dead arms.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick said:

I dislocated my left shoulder recently. I'm not a sports person so my healing time would be longer. I'm still having therapy (physio) and it still isn't 100%

Will u be ok for the play offs ? 

• Like 2

Â