Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

7 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Can't be dropped as we have no one else like him or able to play in a way that suits our setup.

But, like many on here, I think he's playing very very poorly at the moment. He's not showing enough to suggest he could cut it at a higher level. The penalty was borderline unacceptable - confidence overstepped professionalism by a large amount. He needs too many chances to score and anytime he has to make a decision, rather than just react, he's bang average. His height and poaching is good but I think Villa's style of play is making him look better than he perhaps is.

Not convinced he's all that.

I would love to see Davis come on as a sub to replace him at some point.

Davis could be an ideal replacement and allow us to develop a home grown player with real potential.

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I'd drop him for Kodija. You have to earn your place in the team. He hasn't been great for a while. Needs a rest

He's got 3 goals in 7 games. He probably should have 7 in 7 but he's still the best we have. BY FAR.

47 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I would love to see Davis come on as a sub to replace him at some point.

Davis could be an ideal replacement and allow us to develop a home grown player with real potential.

Davis doesnt have same presence. Even though was playing Bruce tactics he never seemed to have that smell for goal Tammy does

He's out of form at the moment but fortunately enough it's come at a time where the rest of the team are compensating for it by playing out of their skin, as opposed to earlier in the season where he really was carrying us at times. 

Kodjia's last couple of showings have definitely given him a fair shout of getting in the side, but I've no doubt Tammy will come good again sooner rather than later. He's too good at this level not to.

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Davis doesnt have same presence. Even though was playing Bruce tactics he never seemed to have that smell for goal Tammy does

Yeah he didn't have the killer instinct, but he alsonhavent had a chance in a DS team and Ibthink his style would suit us.

There were numerous times last year that he looked like a really really good prospect.

There is only one way he will have a chance to improve and to see if he can develop, and that's to play him even if it is only sub role for now.

I can see him playing a larger part next season.

Out of form?

Jesus lads, he's only scored 2 in the last 3. I do get what people are saying but for me his movement and what he brings to the team is still excellent, you take him out and the whole team dynamic suffers. He's a massive part of why we are so dangerous and you can see opposition defenders really do worry about him as soon as the ball goes out wide.

Couple of points. 

The notion of dropping our top scorer, who is very popular in the squad, works hard and could yet fire us into the PL is ridiculous to me.

The penalty was not terrible. Yeah he didn't catch it like he wanted to, no doubt, But it was well placed inside the farpost and the keeper guessed right. Ive seen a lot worse. If the keeper hadnt guessed right nobody would have criticised it.

Be very careful what you wish for. We're so finely balanced at the moment, the only thing keeping us on track is the harmony in the squad. We have good spells and bad but ee're finding a way through sheer bloodyminded grit and camaraderie. Getting on a key part of that's back is a good way to ruin it.

Abraham has not let us down, nor is he acting like a diva or phoning it in. The players love him. Most of the fans do. I believe he's critical to any chance of promotion. Give him a break.

Cannot question his attitude, and I love the energy and desire he brings.

poor penalty, but he hit the target at least, and many a top player has missed a penalty.

Has been way off his own usual high standard, and maybe a rest will do him good.

i do think that he needs subbing sometimes, and let someone else have a go upfront...

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow I can't believe some of this nonsense because he missed a pen. Out of form really? 😂 

He has been excellent and didn't he score on the weekend? 

It is all going swimmingly so we need to find some drama,  It's why the Andre Green thread has 3 pages in the last few days.

I don’t think he should be dropped but he was awful against Rotherham.

He seems to have 1 bad game in 3/4 matches and when he’s bad, he’s really bad. The ball bounces off him, he gives it away and moves tend to fall down when it gets to him. 

I like him, I think he is a real asset at this level and his workrate is admirable. If we go up however, I wouldn’t spend 25/30m on him, or at least it would be a gamble if we did. I just don’t think he is a premier league striker yet and if he is, it would be for a team low down in the table. He certainly isn’t going to be playing for Chelsea anytime soon.

He starts for us all day long though, one decent performance from Kodjia isn’t enough to convince me he should start ahead of Abraham. He should start with him if anything.

People wanting him dropped or saying he’s out of out of form 😂😂 the guy missed a pen - everyone does. Played in a ten man team for large part of game was always gunna be tough for him.

Sheff Wed a very tough game little of the ball works hard till last minute and helps salvage a cross and works hard to grab a goal which ensured we didn’t endure a nervous couple of minutes.

Blackburn at home he was brilliant held the ball up we brought other into the game well.

Its almost as if he goes a game without scoring people start getting in a wobble. The guy misses a few chances so do the best of them - he’s an EFL player he’s gunna miss chances but boy does he work hard and fights for every ball. He helps motivate the team and he is generally a huge influence on our players.

• Thanks 1

Â