Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really ? - I thought it was like 3 months healing time.

I've had a quick read and it looks like it's about a month generally - I was basing mine on Luke Moore who dislocated his a couple of times at the start of a season once and on at least one of those occasions was treated on the pitch and carried on. Seems like there's a difference between a partial and full dislocation. Let's hope it's neither of those.

42 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Thought myself looked more like dislocated shoulder, not sure what time frame would be for that

My concern is fractured/broken collarbone. Dislocation without complications isn't something I'd expect to trouble him too long.

1 minute ago, privateer said:

My concern is fractured/broken collarbone. Dislocation without complications isn't something I'd expect to trouble him too long.

Any fracture and he would have been taken straight to hospital. The fact he was celebrating at the end makes me think it might not be too bad.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

Any fracture and he would have been taken straight to hospital. The fact he was celebrating at the end makes me think it might not be too bad.

he was smoking something though !

• Haha 1

The worry is that even if the injury is not too bad will Chelsea prevent him playing under light injury or with painkiller injections etc? I certainly wouldn’t want our players playing through injury when on loan...

• Like 1

Iain Dowie has said that Tammy was shaking hands with tean mates on the pitch and smiling at the end. Hope this isn’t as bad as we all fear. Will be a very anxious wait until we find out. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Iain Dowie has said that Tammy was shaking hands with gran mates on the pitch and smiling at the end. Hope this isn’t as bad as we all fear. Will be a very anxious wait until we find out. 

The new Wayne Rooney?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Iain Dowie has said that Tammy was shaking hands with gran mates on the pitch and smiling at the end. Hope this isn’t as bad as we all fear. Will be a very anxious wait until we find out. 

I’m slower than a shark.

Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

The worry is that even if the injury is not too bad will Chelsea prevent him playing under light injury or with painkiller injections etc? I certainly wouldn’t want our players playing through injury when on loan...

I wouldn’t worry, with the amount of players they have out on loan Chelsea probably don’t realise he is their player until he goes back and turns up at Cobham.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've had a quick read and it looks like it's about a month generally - I was basing mine on Luke Moore who dislocated his a couple of times at the start of a season once and on at least one of those occasions was treated on the pitch and carried on. Seems like there's a difference between a partial and full dislocation. Let's hope it's neither of those.

My elder brother repeatedly dislocated his shoulder playing football. Used to pop it back in and carry on. Sometimes he’d be sore afterwards, other times he was fine.

• Like 1

As a few others have said, he was out celebrating at the end and didn't seem to be moving too gingerly.

Think it was a dead arm and was taken off as a precaution but also to give Davis a go once Abraham got his goal.

And as others have said he was shaking hands with people so his dead arm seemed to have been resurrected, which is two days early but apt for this weekend.

Cut to a news report he's suffered a quadruple fracture and is out for ten years.

Image result for tammy abraham gif

Edited by 8pints
Every week we follow, The boys in claret and blue. We’ve conquered all of Europe, In 1982, The Villa boys from Aston, We travel near and far, You’ll hear us singing, From the stands of Villa Park...
  • Haha 2

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/04/19/injury-update-abraham-tuanzebe

Dean Smith is hoping for good news on Tammy Abraham after the striker came off in the 2-0 win over Bolton Wanderers. 

Smith confirmed that Abraham was substituted with a shoulder injury he sustained in scoring the second of the game at the University of Bolton Stadium. 

The Head Coach said it’s too early to get a comprehensive diagnosis – but admitted he doubts the striker will be fit to face Millwall on Monday. 

Smith also revealed that Axel Tuanzebe was brought off with an ankle problem. 

However, he said it “shouldn’t be too much of a worry". 

He revealed: “Tammy got a whack on the shoulder. It’s too early to diagnose. I don’t expect him to be fit for Monday, if I’m honest. Then we’re hoping it’s not too bad. 

“He was down for a while. The doctor said that he’d have to come off because he was in too much pain. 

“Axel rolled his ankle slightly. He shouldn’t be too much of a worry. But the good thing about us at the moment is the strength in depth. Mile came on and did well again.”

If he’s only out for one game, it could be a blessing in disguise. He’s not been in the best of form of late (albeit an assist and a goal today - nice when a player can do that when not at his best the last month or two!). We’ve seen twice already this season what happens when a quality player comes back after a break (Grealish after injury and McGinn after 2 match suspension for 10 bookings), and I wouldn’t be surprised if the same happened to Tammy. Also really keen to see how Keinan does on Monday, assuming he is the one to step in - I reckon he could cause carnage with his link up play bringing Jack and John into the game even more than is currently the case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carlos_the_third said:

If he’s only out for one game, it could be a blessing in disguise. He’s not been in the best of form of late (albeit an assist and a goal today - nice when a player can do that when not at his best the last month or two!). We’ve seen twice already this season what happens when a quality player comes back after a break (Grealish after injury and McGinn after 2 match suspension for 10 bookings), and I wouldn’t be surprised if the same happened to Tammy. Also really keen to see how Keinan does on Monday, assuming he is the one to step in - I reckon he could cause carnage with his link up play bringing Jack and John into the game even more than is currently the case.

Not been in the best of form. He scored one and set up the other today ? ....I beleive he has scored in our last 4 games ......(can't wait to get an in form forward then)....

• Like 3

I guess a person could have a very small fracture to the collar bone or shoulder and then get up and walk off the way he did and then shake hands with people. But let's hope it's not that because I guess that would mean missing weeks, not just one week.

Â