Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Tuanzebe has actually been good going forward, put in 2-3 good crosses, always on the move and rarely giving the ball away. However his defending for the goal was absolutely horrific. 

That's true to be fair.

Which makes it even weirder that so many people want him at CB, where he can do none of that.

1 minute ago, PatrickCousens said:

Really decent stuff. Can we do that again in the second half? If so surely we'll have too much for them.

Need to carry on like this. Then we'll win it surely. 

Good half!

Apart from the shockingly poor goal.

We are taking the game to them. So much for being schooled by the pass masters.

Loving the McGinn/Grealish combos, at last two players in the same Villa team who are comfortable on the ball and use it well!

Kodjia back too.

Promising... Please keep it up boys! 

Just now, DrUnKeNbUm said:

That was the worst referreing performance I think I have seen. 2 stamps missed, penalty not given, allowing Brentford to kick anyone and everyone. 

Brentford are a dirty little team when it's not going their way!

On the plus side he didn't send off Kodija.

But yeah, not great.

Wow, how are we not winning? Well, the final ball hasn't been amazing but the build up play has been pretty impressive.

McGinn, Grealish and Whelan have been very good. 

The defending for the goal wasn't the best. 

Jedinak is frustrating at CB, but he's similar in midfield. He does lots of good things, I think he wins almost every header, but he keeps whacking it out of play. For an experienced player he should know better, it's like he doesn't know his own limitations. I'm guessing it's part of.the game plan to try to find Adomah early with a crossfield ball. I don't know, maybe the law averages means he'll make a key pass or in this half. 

The only improvement we can realistically make is to improve the final ball and final product.