• Grealish
    • Kodjia
    • Green (Adomah 69)
    • Hourihane (Tuanzebe 82)
    • Whelan (Hepburn-Murphy 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/18 at 14:00

8 hours ago, hippo said:

Ive have to go the eye clinic tomorrow - I think tonights ref should accompany me:-

The Kjodia run into the box - looked a decent shout for a penalty - I gather the handball was almost stonewall

He missed a blatant stamp and allowed a free for all kick in on Mcginn  (the guilty player then scored for brentford)

Amazingly at one stage we led on bookings 3-1 - Kjodia was carded for first his offence - whilst grealish was hacked at all night - and it seemed open season on tugging kjodia shirt

Unusual that all those things go against you - one of those in our favour and I feel sure we would have one the game.

Very poor

Though we blitzed Brentford for the first 60 minutes - One of the most one sided games I have seen in years - we do need more up front though.

really surprised Kodj didn't go down, there was enough contact and if he'd gone down I reckon the ref would've gave it

The positives were that we dominated them for an hour and should have been well ahead. Whelan has shown he's better than Thor and should start if fit. Johnny Codge is back with a bang. We seem like a side that can score hatfuls of goals. 

The negatives were that the manager didn't have a plan B when we went 2-1 down and were getting dominated by Brentford. Now this could be because the players on the bench (green and murphy) aren't good enough and when the two new wingers are signed we will be able to correct this. The defence is a shambles. Chester is the only one back there who can defend and the keeper is shake-ier than Muhammed Ali. Jedinak is not a centre back and if he continues to play there he will cost us a goal every week. Axel did some things well and some things terribly. Hutton is a cult hero on here but because of that people can't see the wood for the trees which is that he is spectacularly shite at everything except running around aimlessly and having shit tattoos.  Lastly this was the first good football we have played all season but so far Bruce has never been able to sustain good performances and build on them. We have already dropped points (8 from a possible 12) so again we are looking up the division instead of being at the top and staying there all season. 

Smith saying if we look for a retrospective red card for Maupay, then they will claim one for Jedi, claiming that Jedi smacked Maupay in the back of the head after fouling him.

Sorry, Mister Smith, that is no defence. Your piece of shit deliberately stamped on our player, and after fouling another of our players, he ( allegedly) gets a smack in the head which he deserves.

Neal Maupay, he is a good player, but he is scum. He is the Suarez of the Championship.

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

Not everyone gets the chance to watch from the Holte. Many I suspect have to watch via a stream like NowTV so there may be a short delay. Perhaps wait 5 minutes, it wouldn't hurt.

And then we have five minutes of reactions in the match thread from people who aren't watching a stream. Perha;s you could ask them to remove their delay - especially if they are advertising it as "live".

No, I'll continue to close it as close to the end of the match as I can. Sorry.

29 minutes ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

The real question here is how were you able to get enough signal to get on the internet at VP??

I've not had a problem getting signal for a few years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AJ said:

I voted the ref as very poor, and I still feel that I am giving him too much credit.

And similarly I voted Bruce poor and people are giving him too much credit. The starting line up was still a poor arrangement of players. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

And similarly I voted Bruce poor and people are giving him too much credit. The starting line up was still a poor arrangement of players. 

Same. Poor from me starting with that back 4. We can all see the issues with it.

The highlights on Quest did not represent the game for me at all!

In fact they are terrible in comparison to skys 4 minute highlights which captured the ebb and flow of how the game actually played. 

Highlights packages have a job to represent this as well as obviously showing simply the main points of the match when you are the first game on and can afford the extra time.

For example instead of highlighting stupid things like actual attempts on goal, like Skys first clip of the adomah/grealish double effort, the championship didnt ever bother showing this, instead opening with 4 replays of Kodjias nothing yellow card.

How will this add anything to peoples understanding of how the game went, or even provide  us a bit of entertainment?

The first 60 mins were all us until Brentford came at us hard for 20 mins, and this is pretty much nailed by sky, why is it so hard for the championships producers?

Get the basics right first!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yep i agree. I could accept Hutton, along with the uncertainty of the a new keeper and even Jedi, but adding Tuanzebe at right back could have been avoided.

It just screamed of him wanting to get that player on the field instead of the best player for that position.

This meant at home we were playing with 5 predominantly defensive players (most of which in the wrong positions), which sent out the wrong message. 

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Yep i agree. I could accept Hutton, along with the uncertainty of the a new keeper and even Jedi, but adding Tuanzebe at right back could have been avoided.

It just screamed of him wanting to get that player on the field instead of the best player for that position.

This meant at home we were playing with 5 predominantly defensive players (most of which in the wrong positions), which sent out the wrong message. 

Funnily enough though, Tuanzebe was one of our best players and I thought had one of his best games for us.

So maybe trying to get him on the pitch wasn’t a completely crazy thing to do after all?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJ said:

Smith saying if we look for a retrospective red card for Maupay, then they will claim one for Jedi, claiming that Jedi smacked Maupay in the back of the head after fouling him.

Thereby forcing Bruce not to play Jedi at CB for a few games.  Win-win!  Good egg, that Smith.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Villa fouls: 9

Villa bookings: 3

Brentford fouls: 17

Brentford bookings: 2

Moss is bloody awful.

one of those bookings wasn't even for a challenge but time-wasting. I was so bloody furious with the ref the whole game!

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Funnily enough though, Tuanzebe was one of our best players and I thought had one of his best games for us.

So maybe trying to get him on the pitch wasn’t a completely crazy thing to do after all?

He had a good game to be fair, you are right.

However he will never be a right back and thus lacks the intrinsic ability to spot the forward side of the game.

Its the same with Hutton, which only adds to the problem.

It really affects our game if the opposition close up space.

4 hours ago, AJ said:

Sorry, Mister Smith, that is no defence. Your piece of shit deliberately stamped on our player, and after fouling another of our players, he ( allegedly) gets a smack in the head which he deserves.

Neal Maupay, he is a good player, but he is scum. He is the Suarez of the Championship.

Yes, I noticed that here.

Brentford boss Dean Smith told BBC Radio London:

If you remember the incident, Mile Jedinak fell over, got up and then smashed Neal in the back of the head so, if they are looking at retrospective for Neal, then we'll do so for Jedinak.

OK, Mr Smith, just to let you know it doesn't work like that. Villa won't be "looking for a retrospective" on anything. The FA will review the match in the context of the referee's report and will take retrospective action on Maupay if they think the TV evidence shows this was a red-card offence. Steve was just voicing the hope they will look at the incident. If Brentford go to the FA asking for a review of Jedinak's behaviour, they should by all rights be told politely to **** off.

So, Mr Smith, I think we saw a truth about your team last night. When being outplayed they have no answer but thuggery and violence. And Maupay proves to be the biggest thug of all. I hope he gets a proper punishment for his reckless and extremely dangerous behaviour last night.

I also hope these who have constantly been idolising Dean Smith on here and promoting him as a candidate to replace Steve will button it for a while. I wouldn't want someone whose response to pressure is to imitate a small time West London crook as our manager any time soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Plu,s I'd rather them lose that dickhead for 3 matches and we lose Jedi for 3 matches :lol: than do nothing at all.  Jedi isn't as important to our team as he is to theirs. 

Mr. Smith, either way you're ****. 

6 hours ago, limpid said:

And then we have five minutes of reactions in the match thread from people who aren't watching a stream. Perha;s you could ask them to remove their delay - especially if they are advertising it as "live".

No, I'll continue to close it as close to the end of the match as I can. Sorry.

Five minutes of reactions posted in the match thread. Yes, I can see how that could prove apocolyptic. Best leave it as it is then.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Five minutes of reactions posted in the match thread. Yes, I can see how that could prove apocolyptic. Best leave it as it is then.

Nearly as "apocolyptic" as you not being able to post old news?

Â