• Grealish
    • Kodjia
    • Green (Adomah 69)
    • Hourihane (Tuanzebe 82)
    • Whelan (Hepburn-Murphy 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/18 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I totally disagree. Whelan had a decent game. Jedi is too slow and can't pass. He is a massive liability.

Whelan did have a good game and I'm not disputing that. I just think Jedi does a much better job of "plugging a gap", so to speak. 

Brentfords season will be dictated by their style of play, over 46 games the results will speak for themselves.

We continue to rely on moments of magic from scrappy play, over the season that just doesn’t work out. We almost fluked it last season but got what we deserved in the final playoff game.

Overall I thought we played well today but we are still 2-3 players away from the top 2, play offs or nothing again for us this season, let’s just enjoy the wins and some good performances that we’ll inevitable get over the season.

Edited by AVFCDAN

This is why referees have such a hard job and get so much criticism. There's enough money in the Championship and Premier League to have video referees. Their striker shouldn't have been in the pitch for the very nasty challenge on McGinn. 

That game showcased the good, bad and the ugly of Villa. The good, effective high press, retaining the ball, getting the ball into good positions, creating chances. Kodjia looking like himself again. 

The bad, lots of effort from full back positions, but a lack of atracking fluency from Hutton and Tuenzebe. Far too predicable. Creating lots of opportunities, but a poor final ball. 

The ugly, Jedinak bashing the ball all over the place. Being vulnerable on the break. Playing a rightback at left back, a center back at right back and a central midfielder at center back. 

Still room for improvement, Brentford are a good team, but we should have won that game. We're good at home. 

Oh and Ollie Watkins  the attacker who scored no goals getting the MOTM award given to him by Kodjia, who scored two goals. 

Strange game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Whelan did have a good game and I'm not disputing that. I just think Jedi does a much better job of "plugging a gap", so to speak. 

Why do we have an unbeaten streak of at least 11, will check exactly, when Whelan starts. Gotta be something

Not sure what to make of that.

Bizarre formation that worked for 60 minutes.

Adomah playing like he cares (finally some pressure on his place).

Aggrieved that Maupay wasn't sent off, but tempered by the fact Kodj probably should have been too.

Exciting game to watch, for the first time in a long time, but can't work out if Bruce did well or not. Before the game I'd have probably taken a draw.

Edited by MrBlack
Typo

3 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Another typical Bruce performance, great in spells and utter dog shit in others. Thank god we got something at the death. That defence and keeper worries me though hugely 

Not typical at all I don't think. We played best we've played since whenever, and did it for a long spell. Unfortunately didn't score, but it happens. 

• Like 2

Played very well in the first 60 minutes but looked poor towards the end until the equaliser.

A draw was the least we deserved from the game IMO.

Need to get defensive reinforcements quick as we look dreadful at the back and we're one injury to Chester from looking even worse!

McGinn looks a player.

• Like 1

What did the keeper do wrong with the goals ? First one no chance, second he kept out from almost point blank range, yes it went back into a dangerous area but others are there to deal with that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Another typical Bruce performance, great in spells and utter dog shit in others. Thank god we got something at the death. That defence and keeper worries me though hugely 

You make it sound as if Bruce is sat there with an on/off switch. 2 teams are playing and it isn't possible to dominate for the entire match which is what you seem to expect.

• Like 1

Â