Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Not really humble pie yet, get over it a way to go before that happens. Has scored a goal and dont get me wrong it was off a very beautiful cross by Traore, but yeah it was a splendid goal that took alot of difficulty to do when you dragging your foot behind you for the tap in.

Had a penalty, Ghazi seems good at them but at 2 nill up I would of given it Watkins after the bloke had his goal scrubbed off. Remember Ghazi has already scored and that's fantastic but we need to five Watkins something to he was unlucky early on if he misses so what were still 2 up at that stage in the game.

Ghazi still has alot to do that does my head in, shooting from way far out with no chance of it going in when he could of just passed it on. He makes poor choices most of the game and he cant be doing that. 

That's a fair point. Play shit for ages, have fans point it out. Play 1-2 good matches for the first time in 24 months and the same fans are supposed to eat humble pie.

Have a word. Lets wait 30 matches then talk.

• Thanks 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Admits his faults. The hunger and the confidence is there to see. Keep going Anwar.

Yes I watched that too, he's humble and knows he should've done better against Burnley.

Made up for it against WBA though, well done El Ghazi. Unlucky not to get his hat-trick with some nice skills in the box at he end of the game.

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hes gaining in confidence. Hard to leave him out. What do we do when Barkley is back? 

We have someone off the bench. I mean I don't think you can drop him until he does something wrong and I think CAM should be Jack's position anyway. 

His goals have won us two derbies in just over a week. 
Was really dangerous tonight and actually bought a few good saves from Johnstone. 
Well done to him for bouncing back, working hard at training and grabbing his opportunity when presented. 
He may not succeed against the top sides, but if he can come on and bully those below us then it’s a vital trait to have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He really doesn't. We have a world class player on the left already.  

That's fair. He shouldn't have to be shifted to the right to accommodate Barkley is what I'm saying. Both he and Traore deserve to keep their places right now.

49 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What are you even talking about? Almost everyone were raving about him aftrr Burnley

Really? I think you need to go back to the Burnley match thread or even just look at the post above yours

Always thought Anwar would have something to offer in the Prem. 

However, I won’t get carried away yet.  We all knew he was a good championship level player and he’s just shone in two games against teams of that level.

Â