Match Thread: Ipswich v Villa

limpid

Not too disappointing overall. We look much more threatening and I think we will win this. Nyland is a disappointment so far and completely singlehandedly gifted them their goal. Hope it's just a rough start for him.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Game would probably be done already if the goalie wasn't so awful.

He is a confidence goalie. Someone said it either here or somewhere else, and I didn't like it. It means that if he gets to a bad start - there's no way back. It's worrying.

Adomah was great in the first season on the whole. He's gone a bit naff since Jan/Feb but let's not pretend he's always been bad. Top assists first season, top goalscorer second season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

He is a confidence goalie. Someone said it either here or somewhere else, and I didn't like it. It means that if he gets to a bad start - there's no way back. It's worrying.

No way back is a bit of a stretch, but yeah it isn't looking good.

Going forward, we look so good with Grealish and McGinn creating and firing in set pieces. Our wingers have been poor and you wonder just how much better we'd be if we could find someone who could contribute out wide. Blinkers has scored one and lead the line, so I'm in the mood for forgiving his inability to play with a team.

At the back; U-G-L-Y we ain't got no alibi. We just look shaky - I'm unconvinced by Tuanzabe, Jedinak has done pretty well but he makes me nervous and the keeper looks terrified - he's on his last chance really, one more poor performance and it'll be time to give the other chap a go. 

We don't stop teams playing, so a team in poor form like Ipswich can build up some confidence. Against the best sides in this division we could get ripped to bits. 

Against the others we're going to score a lot of goals and concede a lot too.

I think we'll win this one.

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

Come on now Villa. Not won the first 3 since the 60's, Kodjia has a goal, opposition down to 10 men. Now or never mofos. UTV

Watch out for Whelan coming on to secure the draw. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Come on AV.  You can’t blame Steve for that. The players didn’t sort out their own deals and contracts quickly enough. ?

Yep, and Steer wanted to leave after one game obviously...

• Haha 1