John McGinn

PompeyVillan

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

The haters will hate. But you was good today McGinn! I see it 

He played mainly wide right and put in a couple of great crosses today. He just seemed to not be as involved as he used to. Whether that's because he played wide or because he's just not as good as we became used to a couple of years ago, I don't know. 

He wasn't as bad as some thought but, he could do more. Having said that, he's not alone in not doing enough in last night's game. 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Every single coach wants him in the team. 

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

He must look amazing in training that's all I can think off at this point. 

I really hope Emery doesn't fall in to the same trap so many before him have with Mcginn. 

I'm pretty sure he has only been in the starting 11 because Ramsey has been injured.

I hope thats the case anyways......

• Like 2

I’ve been hugely critical but i thought McGinn was much better yesterday, more like his old self. 

My only concern moving forward is simply Emery’s style of play. Possession based Football probably isn’t McGinns biggest strength. 

45 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d actually start him on the right and Ramsey on the left and keep Bailey behind Watkins. Thoughts?

It’s plugging players into the team out of their natural position in my opinion, which isn’t great when they are struggling anyway.

Hes a sub only for me in league games, we need to have a settled side all playing how the manager wants, he has never been fast so having him on from the start, he is already slower than most outfield players. Bring him on after 70 minutes and it's a level playing field, most of the starters will have slowed to mcginns max. 

Used to love him but these last few years he has tarnished his reputation some his own making, 12 month down to the sham scouser.

He needs to be played for that 20 minutes through the middle not out wide.

Â