UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

I just don't see where mcgregor is getting the punching power from to knock him out, last time he landed 7/8 really good clean shots and tore up nates face...never came close to stopping him, I don't think he can knock him out

nate Diaz too...say what you like about mcgregor and his gob and the typical fighter talking shit to drum up sales...Diaz seriously comes across like a bloke who struggles to spell his own name...he'll win and then spend the post fight interviews and all next week moaning about how he doesn't get a push and doesn't get the money all whilst displaying the charisma and interviewing skills of a recovering lobotomy patient 

Surprised by McGregor in that conference.  He had the higher ground 'til he got off his chair and started hurling bottles like the knacker that he is.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.  The non-fighting elements to UFC are getting more and more like WWE with each passing event. 

• Like 1

Diaz fought the fight McGregor wanted. No ground game, letting McGregor take the early rounds. McGregor has more power and is a more varied striker, Diaz has far more cardio and is far better on the ground, but he just didn't use that. He almost solely stood and traded, rarely went for takedowns (and when he did they didn't have the oomph to take down McGregor) and let Connor swing in the opening rounds. I can only guess he thought he could let McGregor burn himself out and then swarm and up the volume in the 3rd on. 

Deserved for McGregor.

Just watched it. That was ... close! Diaz has some set of lungs on him. You get the impression he could go another 5 rounds. When Diaz was on top he was really on top. As in almost stop the fight on top. McGregor got his points by and large through consistent pot shots and the odd good combo. It's a fascinating contrast of styles and no doubt both fighters have benefitted from the rivalry. A third decider is inevitable and to be honest on the evidence of this I suspect Nate doesn't hold back in the decider and beats him good. 

Nate won 3 and 5 from what I saw, can only assume commentator thought nate having a good last minute in the 2nd won it for him.

Will Nate drop to 155 for the trilogy? can't see him being as durable with a drastic cut.

People who are giving Diaz the 2nd are probably biased. Conor knocked him down twice and controlled 3 and a half minutes of the round.

The only debate is whether Diaz earned a 10:8 round later on, making it an overall draw.

What people forget is that Diaz is a high-level BJJ black belt. If he gets Conor to the ground early in a round, its going to be over. Diaz needs to accept that (despite sparring with Adre ward), Mcgregor is the better striker and concentrate on getting him down!

• Like 1

That Cowboy combination, just........poetry.

Larkin is a BEAST

Tim Means is the nastiest fighter around, elbow-slashing of the highest order. Love it

3 decisions in 12 fights, bloody entertaining card that was.

• Like 2

Â