UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

1 minute ago, zak said:

Mini Mendes done for growth hormones. 2 year suspension!

31 - Been poor in his last few fights - started a new business with the McGregor money . Can't see him fighting again to be honest. 

Fight night was pretty good. Holm looked so off the pace over the weekend. Think she needs to take some time off. Shevchenko looked really sharp and a rematch with Nunez should be fun.

... and those Barboza leg kicks, damn!

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

How the Holm did she beat Rousey?

Holm is a far better fighter than Rousey every will be.

Rousey has absurdly good judo skills and was able to manipulate every fighter she came up against into the position where they simply could not outdo her judo. But in everything else she's quite weak, especially as a striker.

Holm on the other hand is a good boxer, far better than Rousey ever will be, and was able to embarrass her in their fight. She should have beaten Tate but made an error at the death. I haven't seen this weekend's performance but it's not beyond the realm of doubt she just wasn't up to it. But i reckon she'd still do Rousey, who seems to have decided to not bother with the UFC anymore.

3 hours ago, villakram said:

... and those Barboza leg kicks, damn!

One of few techniques that makes me cringe along with a tight Kimura. Effing hell it must hurt

On 7/25/2016 at 19:50, Chindie said:

Holm is a far better fighter than Rousey every will be.

Rousey has absurdly good judo skills and was able to manipulate every fighter she came up against into the position where they simply could not outdo her judo. But in everything else she's quite weak, especially as a striker.

Holm on the other hand is a good boxer, far better than Rousey ever will be, and was able to embarrass her in their fight. She should have beaten Tate but made an error at the death. I haven't seen this weekend's performance but it's not beyond the realm of doubt she just wasn't up to it. But i reckon she'd still do Rousey, who seems to have decided to not bother with the UFC anymore.

Yes to add to this, Holm really was a world class boxer. Rousey just stood in front of her and was happy to use her face as a shield, this will always play into a boxers hands. Perhaps Holm has limitations as an all rounder but if you simply stand and trade with Holm in a fist fight then you're more likely than not going to lose the fight.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Whenever I see this thread I think it contains a reference to gay pride.

I have this shirt and it usually turns heads (ooohh)

pride-logo-shirt-black.jpg

• Like 2

Some absolute corkers of finishes yesterday at 201

Woodley upsets Lawler :(

tumblr_ob5wbr1W0U1rofocqo1_500.gif

Ellenberger hits Browns usual weak point

tumblr_ob5tncL5Fr1rofocqo1_500.gif

And Krylov more or less kills Herman

tumblr_ob5p1sUqWQ1rofocqo1_500.gif

tumblr_ob5p1sUqWQ1rofocqo2_500.gif

• Like 1

Â