UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

That Mickey Gall is a cocky little shit. Just watched the fight now and he's so up his own arse because he beat someone in their first career fight.

He's cocky or confident in the ring as he believes his own hype as anyone should when they are stepping into a situation where they could get their head caved in.

Outside of the UFC though or at press-events he puts himself down. Talk like "I don't belong on the main card".. It's what CM Punk was talking to him about after the fight when they cut to the replays. CM Punk was saying "You have to stop putting yourself down, it doesn't matter if you don't think you deserve to be here, you are here, fake it until you make it". So while Mickey Gall is cocky and confident in the octagon a lot of that is a front as in his head he feels like he shouldn't be there.

He's a complicated character it seems, but he has a bright future.. CM Punk aside which barely counts he's rather easily won his other two pro-fights.

9 hours ago, BOF said:

Who wins it? Who has the edge?

Eddie is a **** dog. I'm not betting against him. He has a tendency to get hit though so it depends how much power Conor carries over to 155.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Is it true that Conor McGregor has won 3 belts in his career and never made one defence

that is poor form

It probably has a lot to do with the fact he is bouncing around the weight divisions.  You'd think if he does win at 155 then his next fight would have to be a defence whether it's at 145, 155 or 170.  There's not a whole lot else he could do.  Unless he fights Khan or Mayweather :P

My opinion:

he wins at 155, he drops the 145 belt and goes for the 170, Fights a top contender at 170. If he wins that he fights for 170 belt,  if he loses he defends his title (probably vs Dos Anjos)

8 hours ago, BOF said:

It probably has a lot to do with the fact he is bouncing around the weight divisions.  You'd think if he does win at 155 then his next fight would have to be a defence whether it's at 145, 155 or 170.  There's not a whole lot else he could do.  Unless he fights Khan or Mayweather :P

maybe but it kills a bit of credibility for me as a great, funnily this is the type of complaint a lot of UFC fans make against modern boxing

Eddie v Conor could be a very interesting fight. Alvarez has been like a man possessed in his recent fights and he's happy to fight any fight he needs to - he's as happy brawling in a rock'em sock'em style as he is going more tactical.

But he's absolutely beatable. There are better fighters at lightweight. So it's a good opportunity for Conor and I think the UFC know it.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

maybe but it kills a bit of credibility for me as a great, funnily this is the type of complaint a lot of UFC fans make against modern boxing

The complaint in boxing is that there are too many federations and boxers can be champion without fighting other top boxers. Credit is usually given for moving up in weight. So it's not the same in this case. If this was boxing and Conor was trying to be a 3 weight champion he'd be getting huge credit. I think his fight after November will be intriguing. 

The card is absolutely positively utterly nuts. It's everything 200 should have been. PLEASE NO INJURIES

UFC 205 PPV Main Event:

155 lbs.: Lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez vs. Featherweight champion Conor McGregor (for 155-pound title only)

UFC 205 PPV Co-Main Event:

170 lbs.: Welterweight champion Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson

Other Scheduled UFC 205 Matches:

115 lbs.: Strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
185 lbs.: Yoel Romero vs. Chris Weidman
185 lbs.: Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy
155 lbs.: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson
135 lbs.: Raquel Pennington vs. Miesha Tate
145 lbs.: Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
170 lbs.: Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
135 lbs.: Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
155 lbs.: Thiago Alves vs. Jim Miller