Jump to content
Gabby15

UFC/Pride/MMA

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Daweii said:

I do wish USADA would say what these guys fail for. I mean as Sonnen has said if you accidentally drink too much coffee before a test you will fail for Caffeine. So I would love to know what he failed for considering WWE test Brock all the time and he passed his previous 4 out-of-fight tests before "failing" the 5th two weeks before the fight. So I would love to know what it was..

But WWE is theatre, I hardly know anything about it, granted, but I have serious doubts about the lengths they would go to to ensure clean 'athletes'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, a m ole said:

But WWE is theatre, I hardly know anything about it, granted, but I have serious doubts about the lengths they would go to to ensure clean 'athletes'.

Over the years quite a lot. Once all the wrestlers from the 70's and 80's started dropping down dead from heart attacks and things attributed to being on Steroids for decades WWE started taking it very seriously. WWE is scripted and for entertainment, but anyone caught using performance enhancing drugs these days is suspended as part of their wellness policy. I just wonder if something showed up because USADA are more strict? I dunno. So it's still very likely that Brock was caught with something, but I just wanna know what at this point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Daweii said:

Over the years quite a lot. Once all the wrestlers from the 70's and 80's started dropping down dead from heart attacks and things attributed to being on Steroids for decades WWE started taking it very seriously. WWE is scripted and for entertainment, but anyone caught using performance enhancing drugs these days is suspended as part of their wellness policy. I just wonder if something showed up because USADA are more strict? I dunno. So it's still very likely that Brock was caught with something, but I just wanna know what at this point. 

Hard to imagine that the wellness policy is particularly rigorous when many of the wrestlers are clearly roided in order to achieve the physiques that they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hard to imagine that the wellness policy is particularly rigorous when many of the wrestlers are clearly roided in order to achieve the physiques that they have.

It's probably at this point more rigorous than a lot of sports. Roman Reigns was champion two weeks ago and was the new golden boy he was caught and suspended for a month and stripped of the title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heffoman said:

It's probably at this point more rigorous than a lot of sports. Roman Reigns was champion two weeks ago and was the new golden boy he was caught and suspended for a month and stripped of the title. 

But the repercussions are a joke (in all US sports)

Not sure how it is now, but it used to be that if a college athlete was caught in a test it was only reported back to his (or hers) school. And they set the fine or suspended the person.

The school obviously doesn't wan't to lose their star players, so it's all swept under the carpet. Especially since the school is probably the ones providing the substance in the first place.

First offenders in the NFL used to be suspended for 4 games :crylaugh:for something that would result in a 2-4 year ban in most of the world.

If you think doping is a serious problem you don't give them a slap on the wrist and say naughty boy, off to your room and think about what you did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're stripped of a title that is scripted though, it's not like they 'earn' it in the same way you would in competitive sport.

The repercussions appear pretty token, and again I am totally imagining this because I know nothing of the process so please correct if wrong, but in WWE I would assume that they would only exercise the tame punishments if it was going to be leaked to the press, fans, authorities or whoever.

Edited by a m ole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In WWE it's pretty much PR management. 

Again, clearly not all of them are roided, but then, clearly some of them are. Not to name names but there are guys with physiques in the WWE that you just do not get naturally, especially when you factor in how busy their schedule is and how many days they are on the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE has a three strikes and your fired polic. While it is scripted he would have suffered an enormous financial loss and he may never be put in that position again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably some weight/water cut management medication... Hunt deserves a chunk of his purse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16 July 2016 at 22:38, Ryan. said:

That knee from MVP 

 

image.jpeg

 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fffuuuuuu.

"Here, knock yourself out.  You can use my knee"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the kind of frontal injury that can genuinely change someone's personality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm reminded of when Wanderlei destroyed Cung Le's face with his knee somehow. Although that is far worse than Cung got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's the kind of frontal injury that can genuinely change someone's personality. 

We should be OK provided he didn't wet the bed into late childhood or hurt animals...

...I've listened to too much serial killer true crime stuff I've just realised...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Credit to Bellator who are covering all of his medical bills. ... and the NHS of course :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is that knee didn't even knock him out. If you watch him he knows something has gone wrong and drops to his front clearly in pain rather than being out cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â