UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Nate Diaz bleats and moans like **** that he's never been given a chance and now he's elevated to this level and very press conference I've ever seen him give he just comes across as an utter dick, don't get me wrong mcgregor comes full force with the bravado and the misplaced confidence but Diaz comes across as a bloke who would struggle to spell his own name and then wonders why he isn't getting a push...

Great performance last night by Eddie Alvarez to finish Dos Anjos in the first round and capture the Lightweight title..

Oh and Daniel Cormier will now fight Anderson Silva on Saturday at UFC 200 in a three round, non title fight.

Tate v Nunes has been promoted to the main event, Lesnar v Hunt is co main event and Cormier v Silva is third.

Edited by Rainer

11 hours ago, Rainer said:

Great performance last night by Eddie Alvarez to finish Dos Anjos in the first round and capture the Lightweight title..

Really happy for Eddie, champ in every org he's stepped foot in, this really put the cherry on top. Old school brawler-hero

Fantastic event. Prelims had 5 submissions and a flying knee KO. :wub:

200!!! 1 hour to lift-off.

Diego Sanchez vs.Joe Lauzon, Gegard Mousasi vs.Thiago Santos, Jim Miller vs.Takanori Gomi on the bleeding fightpass prelims, insane :lol:

I tuned in because of the hype and lacking boxing. I didn't think it was that bad. Aldo vs Edgar was a bit of a masterclass, as Edgar was neutralised and pot-shotted over 5 rounds. Lesnar was intriguing because of his time out and I thought he did very well against a legit. guy and the main event was somewhat exciting. That Cormier fight however was one of the worst things I've ever seen. 

The Cormier fight was exactly what it was always going to be. Even with 2 days notice Anderson beats Cormier on their feet, his striking is on a different planet to the American.

So Cormier goes full wrestling with him and that's it. Anderson's a great BJJ fighter but Cormier is a clever, powerful, heavy, thick set wrestler, and that's not losing to Anderson on the ground. Boring as **** though. The reason Jones is a slightly more interesting match up is Jones is a freak, he's enormous with good wrestling himself, and defence, and huge reach, making Cormier struggle to hold the fight as he'd like to. Which also makes it incredibly dull too unfortunately.

The options prelims were better than the main card.

Tate fight was ludicrous, Lesnar did what everyone knew he would and it's lucky Hunt is a hard bastard who wouldn't give in and has enough power to keep Lesnar on his toes from bell to bell. Edgar Aldo was decent but it's hard not for that to be, Frankie is a near unstoppable force and Aldo has fantastic skill. Most interesting Velasquez fight in a while I guess as well.

19 hours ago, Tegis said:

200!!! 1 hour to lift-off.

Diego Sanchez vs.Joe Lauzon, Gegard Mousasi vs.Thiago Santos, Jim Miller vs.Takanori Gomi on the bleeding fightpass prelims, insane :lol:

Good thing these guys delivered. Rest was a bit meh apart from Cain and Nunes. Good to see Aldo back and looking sharp, he's needed at FW.

UFC sold for $4 billion

Late Sunday evening, Las Vegas CBS affiliate KLAS-TV reported the paperwork for the sale was signed on Saturday to an ownership group consisting of talent agency William Morris Endeavor, International Management Group, and private equity group MSD. Global investment firm KKR is also involved in the sale, according to the report.

UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta is reportedly expected to step down as chairman following a transitional period, after which he and his brother, Frank Fertitta, will remain on as minority owners. Dana White is expected stay on as president and will also hold a minority stake, according to the report.

Thats a solid return on the Fertittas initial 2 million investment over 16 years :D

Seems Jones may have been banned for 2 oestrogen blockers.

Chael Sonnen may have revealed the banned substance Jon Jones got popped for on Joe Rogan's podcast

“This doesn’t make Jon innocent at all. Jon is guilty. The only card that he had to play is what did you test positive for, and they refused to reveal it. He tested positive for some oestrogen blockers."

“He tested positive for two oestrogen blockers, there I revealed it. Aren’t we creating some news?”

Check out last nights fight night from the back of beyond USA. The Ferguson and Lineker fights were epic. Lineker punches like a tank, and I think Ferguson got away with one after the other guy gassed.

I do wish USADA would say what these guys fail for. I mean as Sonnen has said if you accidentally drink too much coffee before a test you will fail for Caffeine. So I would love to know what he failed for considering WWE test Brock all the time and he passed his previous 4 out-of-fight tests before "failing" the 5th two weeks before the fight. So I would love to know what it was..

Â