UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

In some respects the fighters are. Without big draws like McGregor, Dana and the UFC wouldn't make the money that they do.

Yep I agree to an extent. I know it is scripted but it's totally different with someone like Vince mcmahon in wwe as the wrestlers know who is boss there. imagine someone like John Cena turned up very late for a press conference? he would ruin them

McGregor has very good standup and a natural size advantage over many, and anyone that can't neutralise that is in trouble. His flaw is his ground game, as it's always been, which makes him beatable. But he could take a leaf from Jon Jones's book and learn to never get taken down using his size advantage.

I'd hoped Alvarez might do more as I like to see hype derailed, but fair play McGregor wasn't losing that fight.

Nurmagedov might be an interesting fight, as he's pretty damn good at everything, and his record speaks for itself. Made Johnson look silly. I suspect it'll never happen though.

Also absolutely delighted to see that happen to Weidman. Even if it came from a drug test failure waiting happen, Weidman is exceptionally unlikable with the faux humble schtick that he can't even manage to maintain very well.

That makes me wonder how on earth Alvarez was ever a champion. He looked like one of the journeymen they give you to start off your professional career with a win. 

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How does everyone think he would fair against mayweather at boxing? His punch accuracy is ridiculous.

mcgregor destroyed him

McGregor would get **** destroyed, he's not a good 'boxer' at all whatsoever, he's very good at what he does in MMA but he ain't no boxer. The sports are two different disciplines.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How does everyone think he would fair against mayweather at boxing? His punch accuracy is ridiculous.

mcgregor destroyed him

Mayweather in any kind of shape would win under boxing rules as he's a world class 20 year veteran of the sport and McGregor isn't.  The question is can a man who turns 40 in February get in good enough shape?  

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

That makes me wonder how on earth Alvarez was ever a champion. He looked like one of the journeymen they give you to start off your professional career with a win. 

Hes a decent fighter. He's not an elite level guy, and got the belt in a completely unexpected victory over Dos Anjos, which followed a couple of other unfancied victories where he was able to pressure fighters unused to it, take shots and swarm them. He ultimately couldn't do that to McGregor, and did look worse than he had done in his previous fights. Similar story to a load of Jon Jones fights - he makes very good fighters look poor by his size and ability to use it. 

Â