Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

7 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

So would his net worth be now 12/13b rather than 7/8b. 

That's Roman Abramovich kind of wealth. 

I think on his own about the same as Abramovich but with Wes Edens too it surpasses him by 2-4 billion.

This supposedly would mean we aren't the third richest club in the PL but the second.

• Like 1

Correct me if I’m wrong but the amount of money owners can pump in to the club is severely restricted by FFP anyway isn’t it? So it comes down to how much of the clubs money the owners are prepared to invest back in to the club and from what I’ve seen they are investing the maximum they are allowed too.

Again that’s restricted by having only 1 years of premier league income rather than 3.   So if the club continue to invest as they have been for another 2-3 years we could be in quite a strong position and an established top 10 premier league club again at the least.

Or have I got it all wrong?

• Like 3

As a couple of people have mentioned the guy realising some of his investments is pretty irrelevant we already knew he was easily wealthy enough to own a premier league club.

What matters is how NSWE run the club and how much of a permitted loss they are willing to make in the FFP calculations, to my mind they have probably invested as much as FFP will allow.

In fact the only thing they haven't done which they are allowed to is redevelop the stadium.

• Like 1

Yup, all FFP did was convince people it was a good idea and more "fair" to let the current wealthiest clubs pull the ladder up behind them. Most of the top clubs got where they were by the kind of tactics that are now banned.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Yup, all FFP did was convince people it was a good idea and more "fair" to let the current wealthiest clubs pull the ladder up behind them. Most of the top clubs got where they were by the kind of tactics that are now banned.

True I do wonder what wages players would get now without FFP though, it would be even more insane.

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times.

Does investment into infrastructure, count towards FFP?

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Good question

No it doesn't, nor does investment in to youth team or training facilities.

Edited by MrBlack
Typo
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If the deal will be worth 100m, then **** it, I'm on board. Bring on the uninspired templates!

Villa have never had Adidas, so I'll be interested in what they do. I think they make more interesting shirts now than 10 years ago when Liverpool and Chelsea had the same exact shirt but for the color.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Villa have never had Adidas, so I'll be interested in what they do. I think they make more interesting shirts now than 10 years ago when Liverpool and Chelsea had the same exact shirt but for the color.

Only for the very big clubs. Everyone else gets last year's templates. Look at Leicester and Leeds etc. Wolves somehow got a bespoke kit (from what I can tell) this season, but their last 2 were horribly derivative.

• Like 1

Â