Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

It never was.

oh right, all the news/media stated Sawris/Edens purchased 55% and Xia held 45%?, what is the rough ownership %'s if anyone knows?

• 10 months later...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-aston-villa-owner-nassef-18161676

The coronavirus pandemic has seen Aston Villa co-owner Nassef Sawiris’ net worth drop by $600m, according to Forbes’ latest figures.
The Egyptian businessman, along with Wes Edens, bought Villa in the summer of 2018, saving them from the imminent threat of administration.

After Dean Smith guided them to promotion on the pitch, Sawiris and Edens bankrolled Villa’s ambitious spending plans, with 12 players arriving at a cost of almost £150m.

But the current situation has seen the most wealthy people in the world see a huge drop in net-worth and Sawiris has seemingly not escaped that fate.

According to Forbes’ 2020 billionaire list, there are 58 fewer billionaires than in 2019 and a staggering 226 fewer than 12 days before the list was released at the start of March.

The report goes on to add that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, global equity markets have imploded, causing 51% of the 2095 to be poorer than last year. With the total list seeing a $700 billion drop in fortune.

In 2019, Sawiris was said to be valued at $6.4bn, but according to Forbes’ real-time net worth, his fortune is now down to $5.8bn, a drop of $600m.

The Egypt Independent reported back in July of last year, that the Villa co-owner saw his value rise to $7.9bn, just months after the team achieved a return to the Premier League.

Based on Bloomberg’s information, Sawiris' net-worth stood at over $7bn in January, reaching a low of $4.3bn in March, before stabilising in April.

His $5.8bn still sees him comfortably come in on top on the list of wealthy Arabs , with his current net wealth putting him at 320 on the list of billionaires across the world.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

It will mainly be down to a drop in his Adidas shareholding.

Once coronavirus is over they will gradually climb back again. Chavs ain't gonna stop buying marl grey tracksuits now are they. 

He has investments in the travel and tourism industry.  Thats where a majority of his losses will be id imagine

On 29/04/2020 at 09:53, TheAuthority said:

Basically destitute :D

I commented about this on Facebook.

I was saying, people might say "Oh that's nothing", but remember, for most people, owning a Football club is an extracurricular activity, from their "disposable risk income" if you will".

For all we know, it very well could affect us, what if those funds are what contribute to the running and support of the club?

Look at what happened when Randy lost a lump sum from his divorce?

Not saying I think we will go that way, but I don't think we still have reason to be weary.

We are not the "Main Business" or income generator for these people.

Then again, this could blow over and they could all ended even more loaded than they were before with an economic resurgence from pent up demand,

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

23 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I commented about this on Facebook.

I was saying, people might say "Oh that's nothing", but remember, for most people, owning a Football club is an extracurricular activity, from their "disposable risk income" if you will".

For all we know, it very well could affect us, what if those funds are what contribute to the running and support of the club?

Look at what happened when Randy lost a lump sum from his divorce?

Not saying I think we will go that way, but I don't think we still have reason to be weary.

We are not the "Main Business" or income generator for these people.

Then again, this could blow over and they could all ended even more loaded than they were before with an economic resurgence from pent up demand,

I think they are used to peaks and troughs of global markets and take it in their stride. Nassef has such a diversity of investment portfolio, to help weather such storms.

You don't accrue the sort of wealth they have without having all things covered as much as is humanly possible.

They have already experienced success in the promotion to whet their gills and keep them interested.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Â