Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Only for the very big clubs. Everyone else gets last year's templates. Look at Leicester and Leeds etc. Wolves somehow got a bespoke kit (from what I can tell) this season, but their last 2 were horribly derivative.

Wonder if there is a cost element to it. Perhaps the club have to contribute to design costs if going for a unique offering.  Can't imagine it would be material, but who knows in the world of football where everything is over inflated. 

Leeds and Wolves do have a single colour kit though, which lends itself to a template design. If the club are happy then why would they pay for a new design. Its not like they get confused with the other clubs kit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Villa have never had Adidas, so I'll be interested in what they do. I think they make more interesting shirts now than 10 years ago when Liverpool and Chelsea had the same exact shirt but for the color.

Even though he is the biggest shareholder, Sawiris's stake is only only about 5% isn't it?  I'd be surprised if he really gets that involved in stuff like this.  Tbh I'd hate to have a boring Adidas kit.  You could probably guess what it would look like before it comes out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Even though he is the biggest shareholder, Sawiris's stake is only only about 5% isn't it?  I'd be surprised if he really gets that involved in stuff like this.  Tbh I'd hate to have a boring Adidas kit.  You could probably guess what it would look like before it comes out.

How about yellow stripes?

• Like 1

On 28/04/2020 at 18:38, Villan4Life said:

On 28/04/2020 at 23:22, sidcow said:

It will mainly be down to a drop in his Adidas shareholding.

Once coronavirus is over they will gradually climb back again. Chavs ain't gonna stop buying marl grey tracksuits now are they. 

I see the Adidas share price had nearly recovered to its pre pandemic price. I wonder how his fortune has recovered.  I wouldn't be suprised if he bought more shares whilst the price was low.  

I tell you what I'd love to have these smart advisors who advise NSWE that they will make a fortune, they seem to just get everything right like theres a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow everytime.

NSWE must have alot of smart people like advisors for advisors for advisors for advisors for advisors for advisors who are for advisors who then in turn advise the main men, one heck of an headache but if can get through it all the money is there..

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hold on a minute.

Bill Gates has bought a $4.7bn private jet company?

The Bill Gates who has recently released a book on climate change and is advising us all on how to save the planet?

Who does he think he is, Richard Branson?

Pretty much 'It's alright when I/we do it'

On 23/02/2021 at 04:00, Follyfoot said:

If you google it and look at a few articles they all confirmed that his stake is worth $4.7 billion

I don’t need to google articles - I can look at the stock market and see the entire company is worth $4.7bn. The people writing those articles you reference must not understand how business works!

https://www.barrons.com/quote/stock/us/ootc/bbavf

• Like 2

On 24/02/2021 at 17:57, OutByEaster? said:

Hold on a minute.

The Bill Gates who has recently released a book on climate change and is advising us all on how to save the planet?

you'll be telling us Santa Claus is not real next....Bill should be an additional director, now wouldn't that be a Dandy.

• Like 1

On 25/02/2021 at 03:57, OutByEaster? said:

Hold on a minute.

Do as I say, not as I do...

On 24/02/2021 at 17:57, OutByEaster? said:

Hold on a minute.

Maybe he's trying to encourage jet sharing ... half the number of private flights??  Every bit helps.

• 2 years later...

I wonder if we'll see that fortune grow as the Egypt New Administrative Capital project develops - I think the Sawiris family have a big stake in the contracts to construct that and it should make them an absolute fortune

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder if we'll see that fortune grow as the Egypt New Administrative Capital project develops - I think the Sawiris family have a big stake in the contracts to construct that and it should make them an absolute fortune

Which includes a 90,000 stadium. Makes our redevelopment seem like chicken feed.

Â