How do you use VT?

TheAuthority

I enjoy talking about the footy and reading other supporters feedback and input. So VT is where I frequent most. I will visit whichever thread is appropriate to my thoughts at the time.

Recently discovered off topic which seems to have a few threads of interest and true to form given the opportunity and platform to express oneself makes for some engaging reading!

Yes I check notifications.

Yet to be irked by anything on the site.

I will leave the site anytime I feel like meaningful discussion has run its course and will miss large parts of what's contributed at times.

You asked!

• Like 1

Mostly OT, like me my mma/f1/movie/reading/tv and bolitics, all the bolitics.

Footy forum is a savior for me being stateside with us struggling in the champo, as the aftermatch reviews are invaluable for those games that are harder and harder to catch. Old players and general footy chitchat are goodies too.

Oh, and Bruce OUT!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Xann said:

On compact touch screen devices it often ends up being a profile tour of the VTers that have started threads.

p7Y0eRW.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

PART 2.1 - Off Topic - also by my brain

The other bits

Tech Room

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Travel

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Games

Spoiler

giphy.gif

N.American sports thread (bar maybe chatting about some baseball once every few years)

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Site Issues

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Hall of Fame

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

PART 2.2 Off Topic.

Wander into whatever is top of the list and have my say is generally the thing!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Leave amazingly insightful comments everywhere

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Cross paths with @lapal_fan

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Pop in the Science threads

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Check out the possibly interesting stuff like Maps, Volcanos, Music Stuff and History.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Go to the pissed off threads and see who and what we hate today

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Go through all the bolitics threads and sort World Politics out by tea-time

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Honestly VT is my go to site for most of the things I'm passionate about and the level of discourse here is top notch. I'm belong to Boston sports forums but they pale in comparison.

My routine here is notifications,  breaking news of any category, off topic in general, and then a toss up between the main forum, other football and American sports.

My wife said to me last night I can't believe you still go to Villa Talk. As I do not Sports at all. She would not have it that it's purely non football non villa chat. 

• Like 4

On that note, I'm sure I've said it before somewhere, but my Liverpool supporting mate who did chatrooms that got me reading VT all those years ago has checked this site out a few times and has always been really complimentary about it when he sees how well organised and easy to navigate it is even as a visiting supporter/guest and the fact that unlike lots of footy chat rooms, Off Topic is pretty busy.

I get what he means on the odd occasion I go to another clubs forum and scoff at how most of them don't even have individual player threads and a new topic for every random thought.

Maybe it's all blinkered hubris?

But gold stars for everyone

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

On that note, I'm sure I've said it before somewhere, but my Liverpool supporting mate who did chatrooms that got me reading VT all those years ago has checked this site out a few times and has always been really complimentary about it when he sees how well organised and easy to navigate it is even as a visiting supporter/guest and the fact that unlike lots of footy chat rooms, Off Topic is pretty busy.

I get what he means on the odd occasion I go to another clubs forum and scoff at how most of them don't even have individual player threads and a new topic for every random thought.

Maybe it's all blinkered hubris?

But gold stars for everyone

You talk about forums to actual people?

homer simpson nerd GIF

• Like 1

2.3 - The aftermath - (this could run and run)

End up wondering if people really 'get' you

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Wonder whether 20 gifs a page is taking things far too far

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Log in to find the one about what @Xela's dreams probably look like saved in the editor that you haven't worked a tag-line out for.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

See @lapal_fan taking on your gif game

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Getting a like from @limpid

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Getting another like from Limpid

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Getting 3 likes from Limpid

Spoiler

giphy.gif&f=1

• Like 2

I'll be honest @VILLAMARV - I haven't enjoy a single on of your stupid posts and I think you'd do well to STOPPIT. 

And as for beating me on likes the t'other day.. DESPITE IT BEING A DRAW.. well... that just took the **** biscuit. 

gene wilder good day sir GIF

• Haha 1

Priority wise its:

Film thread / Music Threads / Tv show thread / Games section.

Then:

General Chat / Piss you off / Cheer you up.

Then occasionally other football, and if I'm really really desperate or want to feel intellectually superior for a while I'll have a browse at the main forum.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â