How do you use VT?

TheAuthority

Passing time. When i was interested in football it was great for that but now its purely off topic. I suspect during the plague some On Topic people have come over to the cool side and thought who the **** are these people. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I wrote something out yesterday and deleted it. As I sit slightly to the right of the majority of posters here on a political scale, I just thought it wasn't worth the fallout! 

When I went for my walk yesterday after posting that in here I started to wonder how needy or hard done by it sounded tbh. I'm sure it will probably get quoted back to me when I **** up again, as I invariably will. Hoisted by my own petard and all that.

But I didn't mean it like that. I have more than a tendency to be self deprecating, yet the last line of my post could also be perceived as being all passive aggressive which wasn't my intent. So actually when I logged back in after mrsvm fell asleep in front of star trek I was kind of glad to see a playful response from Mooney and yours. 

I suspect it happens quite a bit in the political threads like you highlight. Which is a shame on one level but perhaps not all that surprising as we venture deeper into the world of social media. 

We're all guinea pigs in that sense. 

I am certainly someone who has and probably will again, despite my best efforts, end up jumping on things and not letting go. I espouse love and harmony in conjunction with my angry avatar. 

I enjoy the level of anonymity this place allows us over the likes of fb for example. It annoys me when the racism threads end up at the inevitable questions around posters ethnicity (why does it matter) or the religious types take offense at attempts at humour or to genuinely engage from my heathenistic viewpoint. 

In reality, I'm just a boring man, trying to work out what it's all about, this life thing. 

Anyway some trees need hugging over here and I'm babbling now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

When I went for my walk yesterday after posting that in here I started to wonder how needy or hard done by it sounded tbh. I'm sure it will probably get quoted back to me when I **** up again, as I invariably will. Hoisted by my own petard and all that.

But I didn't mean it like that. I have more than a tendency to be self deprecating, yet the last line of my post could also be perceived as being all passive aggressive which wasn't my intent. So actually when I logged back in after mrsvm fell asleep in front of star trek I was kind of glad to see a playful response from Mooney and yours. 

I suspect it happens quite a bit in the political threads like you highlight. Which is a shame on one level but perhaps not all that surprising as we venture deeper into the world of social media. 

We're all guinea pigs in that sense. 

I am certainly someone who has and probably will again, despite my best efforts, end up jumping on things and not letting go. I espouse love and harmony in conjunction with my angry avatar. 

I enjoy the level of anonymity this place allows us over the likes of fb for example. It annoys me when the racism threads end up at the inevitable questions around posters ethnicity (why does it matter) or the religious types take offense at attempts at humour or to genuinely engage from my heathenistic viewpoint. 

In reality, I'm just a boring man, trying to work out what it's all about, this life thing. 

Anyway some trees need hugging over here and I'm babbling now. 

tl;dr

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Xela said:

I wrote something out yesterday and deleted it. As I sit slightly to the right of the majority of posters here on a political scale, I just thought it wasn't worth the fallout! 

Ooooooooh, so you think you're better than the little spastic cripples, wheelin' themselves around on those little stupid wheelchair things, do ya? 

FOUND HIM BOYSSSSS! 

GET'IM! 

jimmy valmer fighting GIF by South Park

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Xela said:

I was expecting Nazi, so I think that is an improvement! 

I still remember a poster going out in a blaze of glory calling Bicks Hitler :)

i earn’t my custom title doing a great service to Humankind  , least I deserved was a knighthood instead I got a French cake reference .. 

• Like 1

On 20/04/2020 at 11:51, VILLAMARV said:

Since my little break from vt I've started replying to posts and then thinking what's the point in pressing send? So I benefit from the catharsis of writing stuff down and you all benefit from it not being posted. 

20 hours ago, Xela said:

I often do the same ... write something and think that won’t go down well , so I don’t hit send and modify it .....which means the version that does get posted was after I’d thought about it and toned it down ...

frightening when you look at it like that :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

When I post using the i-pad it absolutely refuses to let me switch off auto correct / random word switch.

So if I’ve written and posted in a rush and not checked it, the whole measles of the post can be lost.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I often do the same ... write something and think that won’t go down well , so I don’t hit send and modify it .....which means the version that does get posted was after I’d thought about it and toned it down ...

frightening when you look at it like that :)

Just proves that its everyone else who are the fascists and nazis! 

I use it for match threads when I'm at work cos rhe updates on VT are pretty much instant.

Off topic for many reasons, mainly what you eatin there, jokes, pics, things that piss me off, relationship and mental health threads. 

Other football just to see who's taking the piss out of small heath !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

When I post using the i-pad it absolutely refuses to let me switch off auto correct / random word switch.

So if I’ve written and posted in a rush and not checked it, the whole measles of the post can be lost.

Hard to spot to be fair.

• Like 1

I use VT like I use most forums:   To find targets for my cons, trolling and catfishing.   It's great fun.   For example, on this one forum I had a bunch of guys believing I was a female Olympic snowboarder for the longest time. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2020 at 11:51, VILLAMARV said:

Since my little break from vt I've started replying to posts and then thinking what's the point in pressing send? So I benefit from the catharsis of writing stuff down and you all benefit from it not being posted. 

Well, this didn't last very long did it 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â