How do you use VT?

TheAuthority

10 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

On that note, I'm sure I've said it before somewhere, but my Liverpool supporting mate who did chatrooms that got me reading VT all those years ago has checked this site out a few times and has always been really complimentary about it when he sees how well organised and easy to navigate it is even as a visiting supporter/guest and the fact that unlike lots of footy chat rooms, Off Topic is pretty busy.

I get what he means on the odd occasion I go to another clubs forum and scoff at how most of them don't even have individual player threads and a new topic for every random thought.

Maybe it's all blinkered hubris?

But gold stars for everyone

i visit a couple every now on then to see what other fans think of news linked to us (such as spurs and Leicester to gauge opinions on jack) i wouldnt consider it familiarity blinkering my opinion its better than pretty much every teams i've visited and a lot better than most, sunderlands is a shambles, several others also seemingly dont have anywhere near the traffic we have (popped on blue moon to see what they thought of wolves signing zinchenko, ghost town)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i visit a couple every now on then to see what other fans think of news linked to us (such as spurs and Leicester to gauge opinions on jack) i wouldnt consider it familiarity blinkering my opinion its better than pretty much every teams i've visited and a lot better than most, sunderlands is a shambles, several others also seemingly dont have anywhere near the traffic we have (popped on blue moon to see what they thought of wolves signing zinchenko, ghost town)

I agree, I sometimes look at a couple of other clubs forums for shits and giggles and some are laid out awfully.

Kudos to @limpid for running a great forum

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For me, I generally use the site on evenings and weekends. I can't access it during the day as I am at work and all forums are blocked. I wouldn't have time to look anyway...

Notifications, followed by Off Topic (except boring bolitics threads) and spending far more time in Other Football due to the World Cup. Sometimes I'll venture into Travel, Tech and North American Sports. 

On Topic is somewhere I am avoiding at present due to being thoroughly pissed off with Villa in general!

I only have one poster on my block list.

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Kudos to @limpid for running a great forum

Aw, thanks.

You should see the abuse in my PMs though. I am "clearly biased" even though no-one can tell me what my on-topic opinions actually are.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

It was around the time Lerner was going/had gone and he released that weird statement referencing the Shunammites and Ashley Young romantically nourishing him.

I made a joke a few days later about him being off somewhere romantically nourishing himself and "shunning Termites" (shunammites - shunning termites, hilarious am I right?) and I got the title.

I held back a tear writing this post, it was a proud day. 

Mine, ‘cheese licker’, was from when I posted a picture of my tongue which looks like I regularly lick a cheese grater.

A less proud day.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I STILL don't know where "high maintenance" comes from! 

This is why I am like I am. As soon as I know, I'll settle down.

Ahem :rolleyes:

On 05/07/2018 at 11:28, lapal_fan said:

Get coffee, type "V" into Chrome, click first link, peruse my daily warnings, acknowledge them whilst moaning about the autistic spastic MODs giving me warnings and the people reporting my amazing posts.  Then once I've cleared my warnings I send personal messages to people who haven't logged into VT for at least 5 years, just for fun.  I like to think IF they ever do log on again they'll have an inbox full of my random ramblings and offensive messages. 

Then it's into of Off Topic, then Other Football, then maybe the gaming thread, then maybe the crypto thread, wishing like mad it's all gone tits up for those who have invested and they've killed themselves or something, after that I may think about on-topic, then I'll shit post somewhere for my warnings the next day.

and it's all like that really.  Happy Thursday. 

I'd love to get out of the cycle and be more productive, but this is easier innit? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I STILL don't know where "high maintenance" comes from! 

This is why I am like I am. As soon as I know, I'll settle down.

I think I did that but I can't for the life of me remember why :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I think I did that but I can't for the life of me remember why :mrgreen:

Ban for this charlatan please mods.

Dethrone him, strip his mod rights, make him March through Liverpool City Centre wearing nothing but a blues shirt, humiliate him and give me his wife as a trophy. 

Only seems fair for this utter humiliation.

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Ban for this charlatan please mods.

Dethrone him, strip his mod rights, make him March through Liverpool City Centre wearing nothing but a blues shirt, humiliate him and give me his wife as a trophy. 

Only seems fair for this utter humiliation.

I'd say the chances of that happening were a lot slimmer than me now :crylaugh:

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Since my little break from vt I've started replying to posts and then thinking what's the point in pressing send? So I benefit from the catharsis of writing stuff down and you all benefit from it not being posted. 

I was going to reply to that, but then I decided not t...... damn. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Since my little break from vt I've started replying to posts and then thinking what's the point in pressing send? So I benefit from the catharsis of writing stuff down and you all benefit from it not being posted. 

I wrote something out yesterday and deleted it. As I sit slightly to the right of the majority of posters here on a political scale, I just thought it wasn't worth the fallout! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I visit Off Topic and match day posts.  A lot of the On Topic content makes me wonder if people live the rest of their life like they post?

”Son, this is your 10th driving lesson and your  parallel parking is s***. You are the worst driver I have ever seen. You aren’t trying.  You get £10 a week pocket money. You should be ashamed to be getting that sort of money and driving like that. Why don’t you do us all a favour and just give in?” 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling mishsreak
  • Haha 2

Â