World Cup : Round of 16

BOF

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I admit I don't watch a great deal of it but I have to say most South American players in this world cup have displayed scumbag like tendencies. Cheating, diving, play acting, etc

Hoping Neymar breaks his leg on Friday. 

I would prefer Brazil got to final and Neymar was suspended or injured

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I admit I don't watch a great deal of it but I have to say most South American players in this world cup have displayed scumbag like tendencies. Cheating, diving, play acting, etc

Hoping Neymar breaks his leg on Friday. 

It's all part of the fun for them, histionics, playacting, players trying to decieve the ref. Totally different football culture. If you ask any South American fan they'd say they'd find a late lunge from behind by a British player as far worse than any of that. Just the way they see things.

Then they'll say the players they've given the world....Maradona, Pele, Messi, Valderamma etc.

Colombia weren't however interested in playing football tonight until 80th minute so for me they were lucky to take it to extra time and didn't deserve to win.

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

That save from Pickford before the header, wow.

That was a hell of a save, I thought that had won us the game.

Yes Colombia were dirty, diving cheating players.. BUT second half and extra time the England players learnt quickly that the ref was buying it. We started cheating, diving and play acting as well, and in a way I can’t blame them, if one team is getting away with it, we may as well do it...We’ve been a soft touch for far too often.

Sweden match will be cleaner from both sides, more like for like opposition in that respect. 

Come on !!

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

ive only seen it from that angle. Was no replay in real time

nah if you watch the normal camera the contact on it is strong, changes direction significantly. granted haven’t seen a clip from behind but pretty sure, either way it’s a huge leap and necessary either way

6 hours ago, Rino8 said:

People love to write off non European teams  at first chance because 'who the **** is Quintero?'. If Colombia really show up, and Rodriguez is fit (is he starting?) England are going to have a really hard game. There's also the fact that South American teams give a shit, and they play like they give a shit. How often do you see a Mexico, Uruguay, Chile etc go home with 0 points playing terrible football? Never. European teams? Usually one per group

Had to explain to somebody yesterday that Mexico aren't the South American equivalent of Luxembourg

Mexico aren't even the South American equivalent of....Mexico, even.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rino8 said:

People love to write off non European teams  at first chance because 'who the **** is Quintero?'. If Colombia really show up, and Rodriguez is fit (is he starting?) England are going to have a really hard game. There's also the fact that South American teams give a shit, and they play like they give a shit. How often do you see a Mexico, Uruguay, Chile etc go home with 0 points playing terrible football? Never. European teams? Usually one per group

Had to explain to somebody yesterday that Mexico aren't the South American equivalent of Luxembourg

Mexico aren't even the South American equivalent of....Mexico, even.

Â