limpid

Just now, kwoktolai said:

Bree won't be having much play time I hope this season

He is not a wing back is he? I thought he did well over the last few friendlies. 

I think we have to bear in mind we’re up against premier league quality tonight. 

I still think he’ll be behind Hutton, Elmo and particularly De laet (who has been good) for the right back berth. 

Only SB can turn a 3-5-2 where we can play 2 up top and only 1 semi holding midfielder into a defensive 3-5-2 where we have 2 x holding midfielders in our midfield 3 and our best box to box out on the right, in addition to only 1 striker. I cannot see how anyone thinks this manager will look to evolve us into a progressive, forward thinking team!! 

Jimmy isolated, very few options going forward and JG coming deep to pick all up. This all places a lot of pressure on the back three as the ball just does not stick. This is gonna be another season of poor game plan with the hope that JG can do some magic. 

Bruce cannot and will not change, so until we change him.....neither will we. 

2 minutes ago, kwoktolai said:

Bree won't be having much play time I hope this season

It’s a tough one, you’d imagine De Laet or Elmo will be in that position more often than not. However; playing against this Anderson will hopefully make him learn fast; get smarter. 

Just now, eholm said:

Only SB can turn a 3-5-2 where we can play 2 up top and only 1 semi holding midfielder into a defensive 3-5-2 where we have 2 x holding midfielders in our midfield 3 and our best box to box out on the right, in addition to only 1 striker. I cannot see how anyone thinks this manager will look to evolve us into a progressive, forward thinking team!! 

Jimmy isolated, very few options going forward and JG coming deep to pick all up. This all places a lot of pressure on the back three as the ball just does not stick. This is gonna be another season of poor game plan with the hope that JG can do some magic. 

Bruce cannot and will not change, so until we change him.....neither will we. 

Yeah, but to be fair he hasn't had millions to spend

• Haha 1

Well that was pretttty poor. Steve’s just watched England at the World Cup and gone “Well, that’s that,” not realising that was the system that suited those players. Even the corners were a shit imitation.

• Like 1

Its interesting how in friendlies the referee doesnt have to book players or send them off. Dont even bother with injury time at the end of halfs. Are they instructed to do that?

Its still a football match, teams want to score goals and win presumably?

Its like a football match but with unnoficial different rules. Find it odd.

Been punished for two sloppy passes but in big chunks of that half we played some decent stuff. Considering the multi-million pound opposition, I'm not too down about this one so far. Impressed with Doyle-Hayes again - moves the ball FORWARD very quickly !

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We look so bad at the back. 

No surprise to me.....and I have not watched it.

We need some dominant defenders.....just for starters.

Edited by TRO

Â