limpid

Well, maybe Bruce did us a favour by failing last season. This would be every game in the premier league ?

Well done Green, nice goal. Bet that is the last time he plays for a while now. 

Alot of lads have worked hard tonight despite the gulf in class. Clear to see we're not a prem team anymore.

Green, Gardner and Knibbs working hard when they came on instead of the casual drifting of Kodija was refreshing.

Don't think we will see Snodgrass return to VP either, playing well for WH in pre season.

We have to sort out what formation we will play. Our current personnel does not suit the 3-5-1-1 Bruce has us playing. Green and Adomah can't play wing back. We also lack enough centerbacks to play it. At the moment, a 4-2-3-1 should be the go to formation. 

• Like 2

It's clear to see that we'd need a rebuild if we went up, but we all knew that anyway.

I think the lads did alright today. Yes there were some silly mistakes leading to some goals, but we're not going to play many teams better than West Ham this season.

If we play like we did today against a typical Championship side I feel we'd come out on top 9 times out of 10.

We do need to strengthen in areas and we'll hopefully do that over the next week, but losing to West Ham while still looking somewhat decent at times is promising.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Well, maybe Bruce did us a favour by failing last season. This would be every game in the premier league ?

Yup. It would be pretty miserable getting smashed week in week out by the likes of West bloody Ham. It is a reminder of just how bad we are. The gulf between us and a crappy Premier league team like West ham is shocking. I also have to say the gap between the managers is also plain to see.

Just now, Daweii said:

It's clear to see that we'd need a rebuild if we went up, but we all knew that anyway.

I think the lads did alright today. Yes there were some silly mistakes leading to some goals, but we're not going to play many teams better than West Ham this season.

If we play like we did today against a typical Championship side I feel we'd come out on top 9 times out of 10.

We do need to strengthen in areas and we'll hopefully do that over the next week, but losing to West Ham while still looking somewhat decent at times is promising.

Pretty well sums up how I see it too.... Kodija still frustrates me but he's too good when he's at his best to leave out 

5 at the back.

All but one of our defenders are average to poor at passing accurately under pressure at this level, and so is our defensive midfielder. We can’t get our attack on the ball. So we more often than not lose possession in defence or lose it misdirecting passes up field.

The midfield and attack, with one less man, end up chasing the opposition all over the field because they naturally have all the space in the world while we have 3 centre backs and a defensive mid standing on the spot. Huge imbalance and fruitless exertion for the forwards.

I sincerely hope Bruce isn’t planning on doing this with these players.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He didn't look bothered today I must admit.

Never thought i'd ever see that.

He had no idea where he was playing. W
hy we would take our most composed midfielder, the only one who can take a ball in any position and pass and move forward....and put him in an advanced position is truly beyond me.

Nobody could get the ball to him, the only time he saw it was when Steer punted it at him, and the rest of the time he was being asked to press a backline, on his own whilst Kodjia stood around and they pinged the ball all over the shop.

• Like 1

I don’t understand why we’re not going with the formation Bruce stumbled on last season that worked so well, with Grealish and Hourihane either side of a defensive midfielder. It allows Grealish to be involved in the play so much more which is vital to us. We have lost Terry now so certainly don’t have the personel to go 3 at the back and although we have lost Snoddy I’m sure Green could slot in there to decent effect.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He had no idea where he was playing. W
hy we would take our most composed midfielder, the only one who can take a ball in any position and pass and move forward....and put him in an advanced position is truly beyond me.

Nobody could get the ball to him, the only time he saw it was when Steer punted it at him, and the rest of the time he was being asked to press a backline, on his own whilst Kodjia stood around and they pinged the ball all over the shop.

Good point.

I also wondered if he was frustrated by the system.

5 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Well done Green, nice goal. Bet that is the last time he plays for a while now. 

I want to think we wouldn't have got the new owners and well be better off in the long run by failing. Thanks Bruce

Â