limpid

Just now, villabromsgrove said:

Either nobody knows what the system is, or they can't be arsed to play it. We look Sunday league standard at best. 

Really looks like no one knows where they are meant to be. We can't even figure out what formation.

• Like 1

Its kinda exactly how it should be really. We're struggling to break them down and they have more quality going forward. They're a Premier League club and we're not.

Grealish has looked sharp and has good movement. Would like to see more from Hourihane. 

Kodja is kodja, don't rate the him and would rather Davis to help bring others into the game.

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, MrSmirch said:

Well that was pretttty poor. Steve’s just watched England at the World Cup and gone “Well, that’s that,” not realising that was the system that suited those players. Even the corners were a shit imitation.

Pretty much this. And like Southgate's England but even more so its just toothless from open play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

So.

Poor movement  - check

Sitting too deep - check

Players uncertain of their roles and positions - check

No apparent plan in possession - check

Not enough players joining in attack and striker isolated - check

Still, it's only preseason, a lot could change.

Or nothing...

Usually its difficult to judge but when you have no improvements in the team, the same manager and the same style as the two previous seasons it appears conclusive this is how it'll be again competitively. 

• Like 2

Steer

Chester      Elphick      Hutton      

Elmo                                                    Birkir

Hourihane       Jedinak     Lansbury

Grealish     

Kodjia                                 

That's what I would go for in the 2nd half. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

So.

Poor movement  - check

Sitting too deep - check

Players uncertain of their roles and positions - check

No apparent plan in possession - check

Not enough players joining in attack and striker isolated - check

Still, it's only preseason, a lot could change.

Or nothing...

And Henry would have been a gamble they said.. It can't get any worse than what Bruce serves up. Horrific football.

• Like 3

Going into his 3rd season in charge this preseason really should be about fine tuning details and tweaking minor things.

We look nothing like a team who knows what they are supposed to do.

Then again you can't really draw any major conclusions from friendlies.

We might have a boneriffic new system to unleash on unsuspecting Championship clubs come season start.

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Let’s be honest we are all awaiting the post match interview/press conference...

Not sure there will be anything new in it tbh. The club just announced he is staying and the owners just gave a video interview saying they are in for a long term rebuild but have not indicated this will translate into transfers this window. I am just happy our club isnt going out of business this summer. :)

Bruce is a nice guy and I wish him the best. But I'm gutted he's sticking around. This team is not fit for purpose. I doubt it will be even mid table. We need about 8 decent players and even then a way of playing. A. Plan. Rather than just get a load of better players together than the opposition usually has.

Not confident at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Well that was pretttty poor. Steve’s just watched England at the World Cup and gone “Well, that’s that,” not realising that was the system that suited those players. Even the corners were a shit imitation.

Lool that's what I was thinking, he's just chancing a Southgate technique 

• Like 1

We’re not a premier league side and West Ham have spent heavily so far aiming for the top 6. We need to be realistic here. First finish was premier league quality which we don,t have. I personally like the 352 but wouldn’t bother with it if Grealish leaves.

We look like a team that have lost 4 of our starting 11....hardly surprising we look bad. Elphick, steer, bree and Wealen weren’t good enough to start last year - nothing has changed but now they have to start since we have shed our loanees and signed nobody. 

Â