Dynamo Dresden v Villa

limpid

How many matches will we have to lose before Bruce realises his tactics aren't working? I don't have an issue with trying things in pre-season, but my concern is that Bruce will keep pushing 3-5-2 until it works or we get relegated..

There is absolutely nil structure to that team. I don't know what formation we're playing, let alone the players. Can't use the striker card as an excuse either, that's 1 bloke and I'm 90% sure Adomah can manage the role.

What on earth Jacky boy must be feeling is beyond me. 

We’re really gonna miss Snoddy or a player of his ilk this season, was our main creative force. Grealish can’t do it all alone, desperately need strengthening and to play a decent system not this 5 at the back shit.

The club (owners) need to force some new coaching staff to come in to work alongside Bruce as they've already made their decision on his future, these players obviously aren’t coached properly. Albeit it’s pre season but Jesus the season is not far away, should at the very least look competent in the formation. 

Just now, danceoftheshamen said:

That wasn't even League 2 standard. Shocking actually.

Couldn't agree more at least league 2 teams have a plan they might not be world beaters but at least they have system and cohesion for the most part 

If that is a team that like Bruce as manager I'd hate to see if he lost the dressing room actually  they would probably play football to annoy him

I think we missed a trick on not appointing Henry, doubt we’ll get the same kind of opportunity again. A real chance to refresh and revitalise the club and our playing style but we didn’t take the chance. Sure he would’ve brought some decent coaches in too.

We certainly wouldn’t have been able to attract the likes of Rodgers or Benitez anyway and are now stuck with this defensive crap again.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

We're a very poor side. At full strength we'd become an average side. The scouting has been awful at Villa for so long. So much dross has come and made a home for themselves here. Add that to mind numbing management and the performances you see most weeks is the outcome. Preseason or not, about time we came up with a system that at least has a purpose and shows signs of working. Everything is snailpace, and when a side gets back into shape thats it, not enough movement or guile to even work any sort of opening. We'll be a side that relies heavily on corners and setpieces for goals unless we can bring in a few actual footballers in the next week or so on loan

• Like 1

Â