Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

I agree with some of these 😁

the Sainsbury’s Plant Pioneers range is sensational. Check that out. 

Cheers, I’d noticed these but haven’t purchased yet as weren’t sure but I’ll give it a go.

Love being a vegan, it just “fits” for me. I don’t really have major reasons, I know I’ve never felt better - other than some possible stress related issues, but for nearly 4.5 years I’ve been on a wonderful spiritual journey with added veganism.

Yep just to endorse what others have said upstream, the Mcartney mozzarella burgers are great, genuinely good burgers regardless of whether veggie or not. Quorn chicken nuggets, again, really good and at least equal to ‘real’ chicks nugs.

Two from Tesco, their boxes of frozen meat free burgers are perfectly ok, just like cheapo meat burgers. Their Plant Chef veggie spicy bean burgers are excellent.

front_en.3.400.jpg

94373a86-9a88-4c4d-a761-3a01b318c43f.jpe

Might also be worth noting, lots of the veggie soya mince, the swap out for beef mince is about half the calories of beef mince. We’ve got a weird hybrid going on here where we do a half n half beef mince / veggie mince chilli.

It just reduces the calories and the processed meat intake a bit.

Tesco do a beef alternative called Alt, it’s pretty good in stir fry type dishes and I can happily eat that instead of actual beef now. There’s also a range called vegilante (or something like that) which is decent too. My son’s a veggie, so more often than not now we cook veggie, just to save on cooking two separate meals. I still eat meat, but we try to have at least three meat free days a week. 

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'm someone who absolutely had to have meat with every meal that wasn't breakfast almost. Wouldn't even have lunch if there was no meat. For some reason I found cutting it out surprisingly easy. You just sort of forget about it after a while.

I've found not trying to directly replace it to be key. Like don't go for meat substitutes, that'll have you wishing you had meat because they're so bad, but just have savoury veggies on the side instead like eggplant or cabbage or something. Tofu's also good if prepared right. Can actually taste like chicken, and had a ton of protein to boot.

Also Beyond Meat burgers are indistinguishable from real meat burgers I found. Best part is, even most fast food joints carry it now. You should try their line of foods. They have sausages too from what I remember.

Beyond burgers are fantastic. If they got them at a burger joint I pick it automatically.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I agree with some of these 😁

the Sainsbury’s Plant Pioneers range is sensational. Check that out. 

The Marks and Spencer’s Plant Kitchen range is excellent as well

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

Meatless farm products are wonderful - been a non meat eater for 30 years and their products are unbeatable. 

Yeah these are good too. 

their sausages are a bit too mushy but take the skin off and shape them into a party and you’re half way to a veggie sausage and egg mcmuffin

51 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Beyond burgers are fantastic. If they got them at a burger joint I pick it automatically.

Beyond know they’re on to a good thing.  £5 for 2 burgers in the supermarket.  Pricey but I can stomach it.  I ain’t paying £5 for two sausages though!

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Beyond know they’re on to a good thing.  £5 for 2 burgers in the supermarket.  Pricey but I can stomach it.  I ain’t paying £5 for two sausages though!

The burgers are incredible, but honestly, nothing like a good sausage and the ones they provide leave me feeling full. Well worth the value, fits perfectly in the bun too.

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Love being a vegan, it just “fits” for me. I don’t really have major reasons, I know I’ve never felt better - other than some possible stress related issues, but for nearly 4.5 years I’ve been on a wonderful spiritual journey with added veganism.

I have no idea whether you’re just parodying being a vegan at this point.

Only problem with Beyond is that their stuff seems to be just as processed as anything else you'd find in the freezer at the supermarket. Of course not being meat is an advantage of it's own, but the advantages kind of end there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Only problem with Beyond is that their stuff seems to be just as processed as anything else you'd find in the freezer at the supermarket. Of course not being meat is an advantage of it's own, but the advantages kind of end there.

Indeed, it's processed junk food, but most of it is also replacing processed junk food, so I don't really see it as a problem. Them not being meat certainly doesn't mean it's a good idea to start eating burgers every day. Eating that shite every day is a recipe for malnutrition

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Â