Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

The new McPlant burger from McDonald's is incredible. Ultimately it's still a McDonald's burger, but I've been waiting 34 years for them to release a half decent burger as all their previous veggie food sucked. McPlant did not disappoint. 

Looking forward to trying this. Just hope it stays on the menu!

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The new McPlant burger from McDonald's is incredible. Ultimately it's still a McDonald's burger, but I've been waiting 34 years for them to release a half decent burger as all their previous veggie food sucked. McPlant did not disappoint. 

Is it vegan?

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

We've seen with Beyond Burgers etc that they can pretty much nail a burger pattie now so they should do an exact Big Mac replica in veggie form.

That's pretty much what the McPlant is I think. Never had a Big Mac so can't confirm it but I've read people saying the McPlant tastes better. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

That's pretty much what the McPlant is I think. Never had a Big Mac so can't confirm it but I've read people saying the McPlant tastes better. 

The sauce will be key to it being like a Big Mac.  I'll have to give one a try.

• Like 1

The fake meat food is getting so good now I sometimes really second guess that I haven't accidentally been given meat when ordering burgers and stuff now. I kinda wish all veggie/vegan fake meat food would be coloured green or something. Would make my life a bit easier. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Oddly, the two McDonald's in Nuneaton plus the 4/5 in Cov were the national trial sites back in September. I tried one at the time, it was OK, I thought that sauce was a bit...well, something I do like about some of their burgers are the Big Tasty and Big Mac sauces, and it was worse than those, which was to it's detriment. I wonder if they've changed that now.

7 minutes ago, hogso said:

Oddly, the two McDonald's in Nuneaton plus the 4/5 in Cov were the national trial sites back in September. I tried one at the time, it was OK, I thought that sauce was a bit...well, something I do like about some of their burgers are the Big Tasty and Big Mac sauces, and it was worse than those, which was to it's detriment. I wonder if they've changed that now.

Yeah well I wouldn't take my word for it. My bar isn't set very high. I've been eating mush from McDonalds every time I've been previously so it's no difficult to improve on that :D 

On a side note, I can't believe they still don't do Gluten Free burgers basically anywhere at fast food places in the UK - yes I know you could just have no bun, but the almost complete exclusion of a GF bun basically anywhere is weird, especially when countries on the continent do them, and better than that, the buns are produced by Schar for Mc's.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Might need to try this. Haven’t had a McD in years haha.

I hadn't had a McD in years either but I tried this last month and I really liked it, I was impressed. I don't know if I'll have another one though because I'd been nearly boycotting McDonald's for about 20 years till a month ago (apart from a few coffees and a few small fries). Now I'm in two minds about what to do! :s Changing times.

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i'm not vegan but sympathise with the price of the vegan alternatives. isn't the mcplant about £3 but the same size as a 69p cheeseburger?

Hardly any meat in the cheeseburger either! ;)

I'd be interested to try the McPlant. 

Â