Vegetarianism/Veganism

Stevo985

Not sure if it's been discussed in this thread before but most people don't get enough iron or b12 even with a meat diet.

If going vegetarian and especially vegan, then lots of fruit and veg over carbs and then supplements are never a bad idea.

I've been vegetarian for about 3 years now. I'm mostly vegan and I really should cut out all dairy but cheese is difficult to give up.

I did go through a period of twitches and generally feeling awful which started before going veggie but got worse after. Since having berocca supplements most days that's all gone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Not sure if it's been discussed in this thread before but most people don't get enough iron or b12 even with a meat diet.

If going vegetarian and especially vegan, then lots of fruit and veg over carbs and then supplements are never a bad idea.

I've been vegetarian for about 3 years now. I'm mostly vegan and I really should cut out all dairy but cheese is difficult to give up.

I did go through a period of twitches and generally feeling awful which started before going veggie but got worse after. Since having berocca supplements most days that's all gone.

Spot on, I also take b12 tablets.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, darrenm said:

And as a bonus, your pee is now dayglo orange!

55 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Spot on, I also take b12 tablets.

if you need a  cobalamin top up , wouldn't it just be cheaper to eat Marmite rather than waste money on supplements ?

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

if you need a  cobalamin top up , wouldn't it just be cheaper to eat Marmite rather than waste money on supplements ?

Yep I have it in beanburgers because it helps them taste a bit better. I don't think I could eat marmite that much though.

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

B12 tablets are dirt cheap—cheaper than a jar of Marmite, I'd say! I usually pick up a load of multivitamins with B12 and other good vitamins (iron etc.) from Boots. To be fair, I do also eat a load of Marmite because it's glorious.

Just now, snowychap said:

Superb stuff!

Though, tbf, my before and after pictures wouldn't be too dissimilar (size disparity) and my diet is very much still omnivorous.

I’m being cheeky with the vegan thing to be fair. Congrats on your achievement. I know how hard it is to do 🙌✌️

• Like 1

17 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Im not keen on marmite and I don’t eat bread. For me, it’s easier to carry around two or three supplements to compliment my meals during the day.

Do you arrange them around your plate and sit back when they say things like "Nice meal sir!"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Need to get back to my strict vegan diet of early lockdown. Been so busy with work I can hardly cook so dairy has been creeping back in due to convenience. Hard to resist ordered pizza unfortunately :(

Ordered pizza yesterday. I am weak-minded.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snowychap said:

Superb stuff!

Though, tbf, my before and after pictures* wouldn't be too dissimilar (size disparity) and my diet is very much still omnivorous.

*Not going to post, @Follyfoot. ;)

Think you should post them tbh ,what you've done is pretty darn incredible   ...  Having met you I have a loose idea of the before so after pics are good enough , just make sure you are wearing pants :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

I think I've mentioned my thoughts on vegetarianism in this thread before.

I don't actively eat meat with every single, and in truth, some dishes are better without meat. Stuff like curries, stir fry's are way better with a tonne of veggies to be honest.

However, I couldn't give up shit like burgers, ribs, steak. There is no veggie/vegan replacement.

I tried some soy sausages the other week, absolutely vile.

• Like 1

Â