What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Butty Bach is one of my favourite 'traditional' ales. 

Citra, I have to be in the mood for. 

I like Citra and will always buy Oakham Ales where I can because of what they have done with The Bartons Arms, easily the finest pub in Birmingham and one of the finest pubs in the country which without for them would probably now be a hollow shell of a ruined building. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

I like Citra and will always buy Oakham Ales where I can because of what they have done with The Bartons Arms, easily the finest pub in Birmingham and one of the finest pubs in the country which without for them would probably now be a hollow shell of a ruined building. 

I quite like some of the Oakham range. When we were allowed such things as holidays back in 2019, I stopped around the Oakham area. I was close to pubs filled with their ales. Some are lovely.

Funnily enough, I also stayed in the Wye Valley last year and sampled their range as well! *hic* 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

No I haven’t died, or worse stopped drinking beer, just got behind on the updates.

Day 6: A cocktail, WTF? Ok they did say there would be a cocktail but still, WTF. It was fine. The Polish sour was very good.

8-C31-BAFA-BD65-49-BF-A24-C-74-E32-E7-B2

Day 7: I was grateful for this on Monday. Both pretty much NA at around 4%, a lovely gose and one of our favourites - a forest (very piney) APA.

EFC0-A620-7-EA9-4-D54-ABFE-2-FF64-C57382

Day 8: Aren’t pale ales just worse IPAs? Not this one! Very good, and the colourful German NEIPA was even better.

12-D93-CBD-B699-4374-81-C9-F4690-A05-D4-

Day 9: A fruity gose and a small session IPA. Is it Monday again? Looking forward to these but we’ll probably go wild and add another can into the mix tonight!

0-B282-CCE-4-F77-4122-AE53-28-EEEA128-DA

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

On 07/12/2020 at 17:12, Xela said:

SALTED CARAMEL + CHOCOLATE + MILK STOUT

She's well into these atm.

Walking home after dinner last night the realisation hit that she was drinking 10% beer out of a can, outside, in public.

We used to mock these sort of people :)

This is the favourite.

Photo1663.jpg.867331ed410843e62b6bbe7c634c5bab.jpgPhoto1662.jpg.dfc5dde7d9292b04023ad2c61676afc4.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markc said:

First visit to the Morrison's in stirchley this evening, instead of Sainsbury's or the co-op. Impressed with there range of ales in there so I treated myself to a few☺☺

IMG-20201211-WA0003.jpg

Let us know what you think! I have the Gem and the Oxford Gold quite often as 'support beers' between the special events.

On 09/12/2020 at 20:47, Xann said:

She's well into these atm.

Walking home after dinner last night the realisation hit that she was drinking 10% beer out of a can, outside, in public.

We used to mock these sort of people :)

This is the favourite.

Photo1663.jpg.867331ed410843e62b6bbe7c634c5bab.jpgPhoto1662.jpg.dfc5dde7d9292b04023ad2c61676afc4.jpg

There is no love reaction.

I Love You Hearts GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Haha 1

Day 10: nice DDH IPA and a Brett IPA (BIPA or is that only Brut?)

53-A15-F6-E-4-DBA-4-B5-D-9804-124-A7338-

Day 11: Saison and a BA imperial stout

76349-FD0-9-C4-A-40-CA-B321-49744-DFF40-

Day 12: Coincidentally both 8.3%, a moccachino brown ale and a DIPA. Would’ve started on these already if I didn’t have to go for a drive.

7-F1-EF1-D3-318-B-4-BA0-994-F-4-BEA15-B7

Oh and we enjoyed a few more last night. Festive tea towels are out too.

CFF65-BBF-BC0-A-495-D-BA54-8774346-DA12-

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

On 12/12/2020 at 01:02, HanoiVillan said:

Let us know what you think! I have the Gem and the Oxford Gold quite often as 'support beers' between the special events.

IMG-20201211-WA0003.thumb.jpg.b4ea69448e70b634d67c2ca975e0cea0.jpg

Don't expect a " I'm getting nettles or burnt Dunlop tyres aromas" type of review.,  but going from left to right

Shepherd Neame. A very pleasant warning ale. Just about to change the predictive text from warning to warming but at 6.1 percent🤔 very drinkable. 7/10 

Butty Bach my go to 9/10

St Peter's gatekeeper. Not for me lovely looking bottle though. 4/10

Oxford Gold. Another pleasant beer 6/10

Backyard Blonde. Don't normally like the citrus tasting beers but this one was very nice could have easily had a couple more 7/10

Yorkshire blonde really enjoyed this one will be going back for more 8/10

Gem Bath ales, like quite a few of the beers, the first time I've had this and won't be the last 7/10

Backyard Gold. Excellent, the backyard beers I found very similar to the Joules beers at the boldmere tap.. 8.5/10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cracked open a couple of my stash for a virtual Christmas party over the weekend.

Tiny Rebel's "Welcome to the Party Pal"

Spoiler

tiny_rebel_welcome_to_ppal_1377.png

A nice tropical-fruity (though the good lady insisted all she could smell was the hops) number.  Enjoyed it enough to regret not buying more than one can.

Would happily run over shot-out-window-glass for another/10

Tiny Rebel's "Stay Puft: Honey Glazed Ham"

Spoiler

Tiny Rebel Imperial Stay Puft Honey Glazed Ham

Pro:  It smells a lot like like honey glazed ham like it probably ought to do.

Con: WHY? I'm not sure whether this is just not my thing as it's not rotten apples in a can, but I'm at a loss as to why this came to be.  There are certain foods; like the durian or those cans of fermented fish that have to be opened underwater lest anyone within a mile spontaneously vomits, that are considered by some to be great despite the horrendous stench.  Not this, this thing just stinks, like properly made the house reek of smokey-treaclely-over-salted-meat (like someone decided to fire up a meat smoker indoors) after about 5 minutes and I'm sure I could still catch a whiff of it all over again the following morning.  It didn't redeem itself with anything approaching a decent taste, where my palate was just overwhelmed with the smokey salt.  Vile.  I'm hoping the 3 other varieties (Irish Coffee, Chocolate Mint, Eggnog) are decent, otherwise I'm going to be seriously miffed at spending potential cider money on this...

Pretty sure leaving an open can of this somewhere would be considered a breach of the Geneva Conventions/10

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â