What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do you have . . . six boxes of papaya curry flavoured cream cheese?

Yeh they only sell it in a big supermarket that I can’t be arsed to go to and I have it for breakfast every week day.

anyway you’re way off topic!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeh they only sell it in a big supermarket that I can’t be arsed to go to and I have it for breakfast every week day.

anyway you’re way off topic!

I need a stiff drink just to contemplate your every day breakfast

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

I need a stiff drink just to contemplate your every day breakfast

At some point I made a choice of whether I would enjoy food or beer whilst hoping to not be embarrassed by standing next to Tyrone Mings.

Well I chose both, but I sacrificed (weekday) breakfast I guess.

• Haha 1

Yesterday a Waitrose Sangiovese where it was style over substance and tasted less nice than the Aldi option which was a 5er cheaper.

Now, with more booze in the house than I'll need back to beer. Standard tin of Camden pale ale for starters.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Yesterday a Waitrose Sangiovese where it was style over substance and tasted less nice than the Aldi option which was a 5er cheaper.

Now, with more booze in the house than I'll need back to beer. Standard tin of Camden pale ale for starters.

EH? Waitrose Sangiovese is one of my stock everyday drinkers. I think it's really a decent bottle of red for its price point, especially as it was only £7.49 for the last few weeks.

I've never had a wine from Aldi that I didn't think was just about the right price or in other words its cheap for a reason, Aldi wine always tastes rough to me

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

EH? Waitrose Sangiovese is one of my stock everyday drinkers. I think it's really a decent bottle of red for its price point, especially as it was only £7.49 for the last few weeks.

I've never had a wine from Aldi that I didn't think was just about the right price or in other words its cheap for a reason, Aldi wine always tastes rough to me

This one was £12.99  so might be a different bottle. It wasn't bad at all, but it was just lighter and fruiter than expected. We had had a bottle from a wine club a few weeks ago that was the first Sangiovese I'd had which may have spoiled my.expectations, it was so deep and full blooded. The Aldi one was in between both. 

A case probably of not what I was expecting rather than dislike of.the wine itself tbf

The bottle of Remy Martin champagne cognac  she made me get for her brother that is now fair game because he is not allowed to come round now after today ‘s announcement. 

I feel so guilty after each sip 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

This one was £12.99  so might be a different bottle. It wasn't bad at all, but it was just lighter and fruiter than expected. We had had a bottle from a wine club a few weeks ago that was the first Sangiovese I'd had which may have spoiled my.expectations, it was so deep and full blooded. The Aldi one was in between both. 

A case probably of not what I was expecting rather than dislike of.the wine itself tbf

This is the one I'm on about (still £7.49, usually £9.99) (pic on link)

A rich, bold and fruity Italian red.This bold and fruity Sangiovese has been made using a portion of grapes which have been dried in small baskets in order to concentrate the flavours and the result is a rich, dark, intense wine with soft spicy notes.

• Like 1

Â