What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Just doing an inventory to ensure I had enough to get through to new year :blush:

1e92IBg.jpg

I doubt I’d be able to get mine all in one photo and I’d have to empty the main fridge and the stout (wine) fridge to do so 😀

Ergo, not sure you have enough. Looking good though!

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ha, I Wonder if any/many ever do.

Found anything interesting lately?

I wouldn't have thought Islay was big enough given how much they sell. 

Though I've not opened it yet, the last bottle I bought was Speyburn 10. I'm in single malt group on Facebook and a couple of people who's opinions I respect spoke very highly of it, and given its less than £30 a bottle I thought I'd give it shot. 

Have you tried Glen Dronach yet?

Speyburn 10

8 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ha, I Wonder if any/many ever do.

Found anything interesting lately?

Ralphys 3 picks for whisky of the year are also hard to argue with.

Bunnahabhian 12

Springbank 10

Deanston 12

All absolutely stunning. 

2 hours ago, av1 said:

I wouldn't have thought Islay was big enough given how much they sell. 

Though I've not opened it yet, the last bottle I bought was Speyburn 10. I'm in single malt group on Facebook and a couple of people who's opinions I respect spoke very highly of it, and given its less than £30 a bottle I thought I'd give it shot. 

Have you tried Glen Dronach yet?

Speyburn 10

Adding that speyburn to the list, cheers.

GlenDron18 is on shopping list with Glen farclas15, springbank10 and I have a bottle of deanston for boxing day afternoon. 

I bought a couple bottles of martello xo in the summer as amazon must have tons in stock, it really still is an absolute bargain on there, so been sipping that for a while, it really is the nuts.

Expensive hobby but a very enjoyable one pal.

UTV 

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Adding that speyburn to the list, cheers.

GlenDron18 is on shopping list with Glen farclas15, springbank10 and I have a bottle of deanston for boxing day afternoon. 

I bought a couple bottles of martello xo in the summer as amazon must have tons in stock, it really still is an absolute bargain on there, so been sipping that for a while, it really is the nuts.

Expensive hobby but a very enjoyable one pal.

UTV 

Because GlenDronach was closed for a while, their bottles are actually older than the label suggests atm. It's thought that the 15 is actually about 18yrs old and the 18 could be close to 22. 

I've not tried the 18 but I know a lot of people that actually prefer the 15, so might be worth trying that first if you've not already done so given its about £40 cheaper.

You'll really enjoy the Deanston it's lovely. And the Springbank is fantastic aswell, as is anything from Cambletown.

Here's a little article about the age of GD.

GlenDronach age

On 05/12/2020 at 19:28, Rodders said:

joined the car owner's club today for the first time, so today's celebration is a st. stephanus belgian beer. 

Don't drink and drive. 

You might spill some. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Because GlenDronach was closed for a while, their bottles are actually older than the label suggests atm. It's thought that the 15 is actually about 18yrs old and the 18 could be close to 22. 

I've not tried the 18 but I know a lot of people that actually prefer the 15, so might be worth trying that first if you've not already done so given its about £40 cheaper.

You'll really enjoy the Deanston it's lovely. And the Springbank is fantastic aswell, as is anything from Cambletown.

Here's a little article about the age of GD.

GlenDronach age

Thats very interesting, come to think of it, I remember Ralphy boy saying the 15 was that close to the 18 that it makes it not worth paying the extra. Depends on luck of the draw I guess then from what that artical is saying. Thanks for the tip.

Day 21:

87639-B46-80-ED-4903-BC0-A-78-AE3689-D3-

Day 22:

22-D24-EA4-F654-4568-B285-EC84-F695-E468

Day 23:

026-BA48-B-22-D8-47-B2-A4-AE-3989-D57-A9

Day 24:

4-EE6-DBA3-3076-4-B31-893-F-048-CF7-EF71

Merry Christmas fellas. Been on the Buck’s Fizz and now a few beers for Christmas Eve dinner with the in-laws. I’m introducing them to a meaty and boozy day, but spare a thought for @StefanAVFCwho’s having a traditional dry day.

Today is the main event for us so will be mostly alone tomorrow with more beer and leftovers. May have more time to see what you’re all up to (drinking). Cheers!

• Like 3

Well, the irish coffee stay puft was "better"; plenty of the coffee flavour, but still not my cup of tea.

5/10 - by which I mean I managed 5 tenths of it before it went down the sink

However this evening I braved the egg nog version, which was much lighter in tone and taste (plus meant I had a reason to bust out the Marty Moose mug for a festive drink); a very odd smell, but thankfully it doesn't taste anywhere near as bad.

Better than having your Christmas bonus turn out to be an annual membership to the jelly-of-the-month club /10

eggnot.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I forgot to mention my strange experience with the Glenfarclas.

When I first got it I had a glass and really did not like it at all. So it went in the cupboard and I just forgot about it for a couple of months. At some point i give it another go and it was absolutely stunning, really one of my favourite drams. 

I'm certainly not suggesting leaving it for months, but it's one that benefits from aerating imo.  When you get it I'd recommend pouring a dram but leaving it on the side for an hour or so before trying it :thumb:

Â