What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

On 22/11/2020 at 16:49, chrisp65 said:

Gin.

Anybody know about gin?

Would a bottle of Lidl gin be pretty much the same stuff as a standard known brand?

Have to buy a bottle, doesn’t have to be flash so I’m tempted to pick one up from Lidl in the shopping on Monday. 

Don’t underestimate the quality of Lidl booze, their gin as a standard gin is pretty good. Their white rum brand, Liberte is excellent. Their wine is ratshit mind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I only just opened this one. Pecan, chocolate, 11% stout. What's not to love? Worth £8 of anyone's money.

8Lmjphe.jpg

Pecan, chocolate, stout, 11%, £8. None of that is marketed at me. 

• Haha 2

Back on it... a 3 hour work Zoom call led me to this

Northern Star - a chocolate, caramel biscuit porter

Picked it up from Morrisons the other day. 

I'm sure Northern Star used to be called a mocha porter?

Anyway, 8/10, WB

(not my picture)

Zqwy8Uz.jpg

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

@Davkaus I know you're a fan of stouts. I saw in Morrisons today, 2x Brewdog Nitro stouts... Choco Libre (mexican hot chocolate stout) and Jet Black Heart (vanilla oatmeal milk stout)

• Like 1

Choco Libre is very good. Tomorrow I've got my advent calendar, first monthly box, and a few individual ones I couldn't resist turning up. £170 worth of beer to get through to Christmas :blush:

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Choco Libre is very good. Tomorrow I've got my advent calendar, first monthly box, and a few individual ones I couldn't resist turning up. £170 worth of beer to get through to Christmas :blush:

Nice to see the bonus being put to good use. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Believe it or not, I'm half a dozen short, I ordered some specific ones with my advent calendar. The others are my new monthly subscription. He clearly got to 34 beers and thought "surely he's had enough". 

I'm particularly looking forward to the Kees bourbon aged caramel stout, the blackcurrant and apple sour, and the tiramisu stout. 

bENY7NY.jpg

PCjQjE7.jpg

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Why the hell do I come into this thread. You people need help. 

You love it really!

We're really going to ramp up the weirdness in here during December. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

How will we be able to tell when that happens?

Somebody will claim to have got hold of a batch of Hvalur 2 brewed by Brewery Steðji in Iceland

Whale testicle beer flavored with the smoked dung of Icelandic sheep

Hvalur 2 is our whale beer and is one of the most controversial beer in the world. This ale 5.2% is specially brewed for Þorri which is a season here in Iceland. The beer is brewed using pure Icelandic water, barley, berry hops and the main ingredient sheep-shit smoked whale testicle. For more information please watch the video below.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Believe it or not, I'm half a dozen short, I ordered some specific ones with my advent calendar. The others are my new monthly subscription. He clearly got to 34 beers and thought "surely he's had enough". 

I'm particularly looking forward to the Kees bourbon aged caramel stout, the blackcurrant and apple sour, and the tiramisu stout. 

bENY7NY.jpg

PCjQjE7.jpg

Amazing. Ducking amazing. I would love it, love it, to share some beers with you 

• Like 1

Tonight:

Hazy IPA called Loony, from a Polish brewery called funky fluid. Was decent, fairly bog standard IPA tbh

The real star was a double fruited Gose called Funky Deer from Deer Beer. With passion fruit and blackcurrant, with Himalayan salt. Really nice. 

585c3a5d5fa33eed852399549104fcad_640x640.jpg

deer-bear-funky-deer.jpg

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

A couple of ones that were new to me tonight:

IMG_1001_grande.jpg?v=1601992452

Loved this, but it was a real slow-drinker. Very rich. According to the label, nearly a third of it is actual damsons, and it definitely tastes that way. Got that kind of perfumed taste of a damson. We always used to eat damsons and custard in winter, so it felt very seasonal. Expensive at £4.50, but sipping it made it feel worth it.

wild-beer-co-millionaire-1581690225Milli

Don't tend to go in for stouts, but this was really lovely. Very sweet, but then I love sweet things. Also a sipper.

Will definitely get both of those again.

• Like 3

Â