What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I can't, don't really like the shit beer enough, i can't spend an afternoon on say rum and coke and then go out and start drinking Stella, once I'm on the spirits I stay on them

Same here. Sometimes I go onto spirits once I've had enough of the lager. I like pre drinking but sometimes I just like to be sober when I first go out. 

I'm not sure if I miss the days at uni or not when pre drinking was 2 big bottles of Stella each and sharing a 1 or 1.5 litre bottle of vodka between 4 of us with a few cans of red bull. We didn't particularly go out late either.

If I pre drink now it's just a few bottles of beer while getting ready.

I'm always amazed by how much I used to drink at Uni, used to drink Carlsberg like water ( invites easy joke :P ) Could demolish 10 cans easy without feeling it - aside from general bloatiness. Nowadays   2 pints is usually sufficient for me. If I fancy an indulgence I go for wine or whiskey, with mixers used if i'm out at a gig.. Beer makes me increasingly ill with more than a couple of pints. 

That said, can of 1664 at the moment with some Kilchiman whiskey to come later on. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/03/2017 at 15:53, Designer1 said:

How long did the **** meal last!??? ;)

I'm a regular wine drinker but one bottle is about my limit.

Didn't have you down for a lightweight Si!  One for me would be an average meal, two to feel a bit merry, then 3 and over if it's a long, boozy lunch or evening meal.  I'm on holiday in the South of France at the moment, and had two last night, with no ill effects at all this morning.

finished off my brugal 

11662683_is?$saq%2Dprod%2Dtra$

really enjoyed it, a lot of rums are going with vanilla at the moment* this one doesnt, its really chocolatey but not in a sweet way with a woody bit thrown in, i'd guess its one of those rums where you can tell they've used whiskey barrels to add flavour rather than masking it

* cant remember if i was reading it in the rum manual (book i found in tescos £5 brilliant) or watching a youtube video apparently these use vanilla to mask what is a shit harsh rum, its mistaken for smoothness, sailor jerry being apparently being a main offender 

thats said about vanilla...i moved on to this 

Captain-Morgan-Private-Stock.jpg

got it from the whiskey exchange (good site, the p&p seems really reasonable compared to buying booze off say amazon) 

think they launched it in america to try and tackle the popularity of kraken, its a bit of a rip off, heavily flavoured with vanilla, its nicer than the captain morgan / morgan spiced we have here which is nicer than sailor jerry but its still way short of kraken

• 3 weeks later...

I had to scroll three pages to find this thread, don't judge me

In Maine, we don't get too many domestic craft beers that aren't New England beers. This one is from Colorado, and very drinkable. Fairly strong with a malty finish, unusual for an IPA. Goes down very easy, use caution if you drink this one.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.oY-3GT630rKsP4xo-DZcPgEsD_%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

• Like 1

Â