What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Aspels - fine

Le Chouffe - nice

Old Rosie - went down well enoigh

Desperados - summer sun staple

Some utterly random ale from a craft ale pub - satisfactory

White russian from a new club in cardiff - very well made

A zombie cocktail from anothwr new club. Tasted nice but smelt oddly of liquorice.

More than enough to get me drunk it seems for a casual drinker

8 hours ago, Rodders said:

Aspels - fine

Le Chouffe - nice

Old Rosie - went down well enoigh

Desperados - summer sun staple

Some utterly random ale from a craft ale pub - satisfactory

White russian from a new club in cardiff - very well made

A zombie cocktail from anothwr new club. Tasted nice but smelt oddly of liquorice.

More than enough to get me drunk it seems for a casual drinker

That mixture would had me vomiting, and given me a two day blinding headache. 

managed to avoid vomiting. not a good combination by any means. exceeded my usual  2/3 drinks of the same type quite clearly. I blame the sun - it was too gorgeous to think properly. Now a full day in work. Trying to isolate at which point I was inviting a hangover probably around the final ale. 

I feel like I have been drinking all night, got a stonking headache, but the hardest thing I drank was a Vanilla Yazoo! :(

• 2 weeks later...

I normally don't drink beer with coriander in it, but this stuff is quite good in small doses.

D'oh! I can't load the pic for some reason (maybe it's the beer)

Anyway, Allagash White, from Maine. Quality stuff. Maine is becoming known nationally and maybe internationally now, for it's beers.

For those of you who have Boston in their travel plans, I'd say don't leave the airport and catch a flight to Portland, Maine. Breweries, brew pubs, and just excellent local offerings up and down the coast. Take the coastal route 1 all the way "Down East" to the Nova Scotia border. Acadia National Park is stunning. The secret is to come in September. Summer is still lush, but the air is drier and the nights are cooler.

Edited by maqroll

Blue Moon has coriander and orange zest in it, that's a lovely beer if anyone likes that sort of thing. I think the bottles are brewed in Burton, and are OK, but the draft is imported from the US... or it could be the other way round! It's a nice pint regardless.

I'm on holiday in Portugal (had to do a postal vote which was a ball ache) so mainly had lager this week, Super Bock and Sagres are both good, tried a Super Bock stout too which was pretty smooth actually.

I don't like IPA.  There, I said it.  I've tried.  I've tasted plenty of them but there's just too much trying to go on and the basic starting point flavour that is 'IPA' just ain't for me.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Digital I.P.A.?

Does it have bits in it? 

Bravo sir.  I won't even hang on your coat-tails with the all-too easy follow ups (it's mega, got byte etc).  You win :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently at a train station drinking the beer I bought for this evening as couldn't get on the train as it was too full. Too tempting not to as I got it from the fridge.

Drank a Beavertown-Gamma Ray and now on Moor-Hoppiness

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I'm currently at a train station drinking the beer I bought for this evening as couldn't get on the train as it was too full. Too tempting not to as I got it from the fridge.

Drank a Beavertown-Gamma Ray and now on Moor-Hoppiness

I absolutely love the Moor brewery.  

Â