What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I love a good rum. 

Sailor Jerry's is my rum of choice on a night out as most bars have it now.

But I stumbled across this a couple of years ago and it is delicious.

old-j-spiced-rum-70cl-35-abv_1.jpg

I tried Oden Scotch in Fort William on the Weekend, it's only brewed down the road from there, similar to Talisker, very sharp tasking, not much "maltyness" to it.

I had to put a ice cube in it just to soften it down a little.

Nice, but I couldn't drink more than a couple of them.

I tried Oden Scotch in Fort William on the Weekend, it's only brewed down the road from there, similar to Talisker, very sharp tasking, not much "maltyness" to it.

Was that your 3 peaks challenge?

How did you find Nevis and Fort William in general?

And more importantly did you see Statio B?

I love a good rum. 

yeah and me

started with captain morgan, then progressed on to morgan spiced, then i got in to sailor jerry years back, i had to go to selfridges to get a bottle cos it was the only place i could find that stocked it, then bars got in to it and i pushed it a bit too far, its a bit too sweet for me (not as bad as bacardi oak heart though) then i got in to kraken, its got a slightly better balance IMO

favourite is still this though - 

havana-club-7-years-old-anejo.jpg

again thats a selfridges job, or i get a bottle every year if i go through customs at the airport (along with a bottle of crown royal)

had a bottle of mount gay for christmas thats pretty good

I love a good rum.

Yeah that shit is good, a little too vanillary for me though, my mate got me a 78% bottle of tikki fire not long back and me being the fool that I am sank 3/4 of the bottle straight in about 90 minutes without bothering to check how strong it was, this was after about 8 pints of Stella, his missus had to take me to the toilet cuz I couldn't walk, to this day I still don't know if she held it for me or not.

Plus I need to give a shout out to marks and spencers gingerbread rum, I love that stuff and it's an absolute bargain for just £15, they only do it at christmas time though

Was that your 3 peaks challenge?

How did you find Nevis and Fort William in general?

And more importantly did you see Statio B?

I only did Nevis, probably do welsh 3 peaks next year, then the national 3 peaks year after.

Fort William is nice, it's a bit like halesowen, small town feel.

Didn't see that stuff either [emoji20]

I love a good rum.

Yeah that shit is good, a little too vanillary for me though, my mate got me a 78% bottle of tikki fire not long back and me being the fool that I am sank 3/4 of the bottle straight in about 90 minutes without bothering to check how strong it was, this was after about 8 pints of Stella, his missus had to take me to the toilet cuz I couldn't walk, to this day I still don't know if she held it for me or not.

Plus I need to give a shout out to marks and spencers gingerbread rum, I love that stuff and it's an absolute bargain for just £15, they only do it at christmas time though

I don't like the tiki stuff as much.

That Old J with some coke though is beautiful.

V4E, big fan of Havana Club too.

Rum is my drink of choice these days. Unfortunately it gives me stinking hangovers!

I'm not man enough to drink straight spirits.

I LOVE a lot of spirits, but I nearly always have to have a mixer with them.

I'll have a very strong rum and coke. But not straight.

I'll get there one day. I'd love to be able to drink straight whiskey

Drinking tins of Leo beer tonight, not the best drink Baht can buy, but the local 7 -11 is closed and I can't be arsed going into town to buy anything better.

When I took the night train from Chang Mai to Bangkok we shared a carriage with a middle aged Thai couple. They bought us so many cans of this stuff, I can't remember, it tasted like Thai special brew. They were so hospitable, they bought us some pickled pork too but we couldn't pretend to like the stuff like we did with the Leo. One and only time I've drank the stuff.

Apart from a bacardi and mixer, I've never really had rum, certainly not neat

What would you fine people recommend for a rum virgin? I see a lot of different ones here. 

Â