What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

No hangover. Moderation is the word. It's a really interesting flavor and I stumbled upon it by accident. It's sour with a bit of a sweet finish. Never had a sour beer before this. Bought another Belgian sour today to try next weekend.

What, nobody's had any alcohol since last week?

Tried Strubbe's Flemish Red Ale this evening, another sour beer. Not bad, but prefer Duchesse de Bourgogne. Either way, not likely to be everyone's cup of tea this sour beer.

Anyone else tasted Belgian sours? Curious what you think.

What a superb selection always. You can never go wrong with the kernel. The Stone arrogant bastard ale is a really hard quaff though. Really challenging.

Anybody ever drunk this stuff?

xx1.jpg

It seems to be the only lager they serve at the hotel I'm going to on my hols this year and, apart from having that really cool guy from memes on their advert, I don't know anything about it.

ANy good?

I think the hotel only stocks Dos Equis, but obviously I'll be on the lookout for other offerings.

Outside of the hotel I'll be trying all sorts. I'll look out for Pacifico Clara

Enjoy your holiday and give us your verdict on the local beers. We get a lot of them here, and I find most of them to be pretty similar apart from XX Amber, which I generally like better than the lagers, and Negra Modelo (dark).

• Like 1

I went to Wahaca in London a couple of times and sampled their selection of Mexican beers. I had Pacifico Clara and Modelo Especial. Both delicious.

ME-40MM-Image.jpg

Edited by StefanAVFC

Just noticed Kraken the other day as I was buying tequila.   Looked interesting, but I'm generally not one for spiced rum.   Here's what's been my sipping rum for the past year since my dad brought it back for me from the West Indies.  Absolutely fantastic.

sptDs9m.jpg

Â