What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

This will end in tears, happy ones :D

Ales in a refrigerator? (I'm guessing its a fridge!). Controversial! 

I do like them a bit on the chilly side, 8 degrees C in the cellar-fridge.

Fair do's. I put ice in whisky - the purists would kill me for that! 

Had my customary New Years Eve Eve night out with my mates last night.. feel as rough as a bear's scrotum today. Few beers but then went round the drinks shelf ordering various whiskies. Getting quite a taste for them now...

Talisker_10YO_bottle__05280_zoom.jpg

laphroaig-10-year-old-whisky.jpg

bal12.jpg

4445-2540macallan18yearoldbox.jpg

• Like 4

all lovely

brought my brother back a litre bottle of Ballentines when I went through duty free, it's 'only' a blend but very drinkable

anyway, a couple of weeks ago he sent me a text saying let's just get kids presents this year.....

so I'm on the Ballantine's later!

4520446109.jpg

• Like 2

Ice in a nice single malt is awesome!  I've been on loads of the little tours around distilleries and they say ice is a big no no.  They're all wrong :)

• Like 1

I've avoided going out tonight.  Therefore tonight's tipple is going to be

glenmorangie-whisky-290x290.jpg

I've got a curry on order. The phone is turned off as I know friends are up town paying through their nose and will no doubt phone me later (they tried to get me out), but bugger that.  Instead I'm going to get royally wankered on the good stuff and avoiding the worst night the year.

(oops, I said it). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

popping out tonight for a few for the first time in ages as i never go out midweek anymore, its the wednesday club up the working mens club and there will be a few old drinking pals i have not seen for a while so i will probably end up pissed. be on carling all night i suppose  <_<

I almost broke down on Sunday an had a real beer. Closest I've come since I quit. It's tricky how the mind can justify this that or the other. It's hard though, being in this small town and not knowing many people. All the action happens at the pub, and I don't go there. I know I can go and order a juice or w/e but it's almost torture to go into a cozy pub on a cold winter night, stare at all the amazing beers on offer and then order a **** orange juice.

/rant over

Edited by maqroll

all lovely

brought my brother back a litre bottle of Ballentines when I went through duty free, it's 'only' a blend but very drinkable

anyway, a couple of weeks ago he sent me a text saying let's just get kids presents this year.....

so I'm on the Ballantine's later!

4520446109.jpg

16flatballantine8.jpg

My grandfather's idea of Ballantine. two of these after work, and he'd start beating his kids 

Edited by maqroll

I thought the distillers suggest one ice cube?

• 1 month later...

Well, I lasted 4 and a half years off the drink. I spent last week in Bermuda and said "**** it". 

First drink was a Stella. Very disappointing. It really is kind of a terrible beer. Followed that with a Sam Adams lager. More body and flavor, but still I hadn't found what I was looking for yet.

With dinner I had a couple of American IPA's, (I forget the brewery) and that did the trick. Nice and piney, strong too. 

Some locals bought me a shot of Jagermiester...went down better than I thought it would.

Ended the night with a Guinness. Good stuff.

The rest of the week:

Cabernet

Port

Jameson

Bushmill's

Margaritas

More Guinness and IPA

I must say I'm still a pro, only stumbled once, on the last night with the margaritas.

Thought I'd feel more guilty, but I don't, really. I've quit twice now, first time for 18 months, latest for almost 5 years. So I can stop whenever I want, if I want. I am in control, dammit.

So, until I quit again,  :cheers:

• Like 1

Â