New Manager Speculation

maqroll

14 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Yes, your opinion..

"Get the best manager you can ?"   Brendan Rodgers - how is that not constructive.

None of know how good Henry will be - Im just saying (and I don't believe I am alone) that this isn't the right move for us 

Why do you think Henry will be good ? - because he was good player ? - so was Zola, Stamm, Keane, Bryan Robson, Paul Merson

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

"Get the best manager you can ?"   Brendan Rodgers - how is that not constructive.

None of know how good Henry will be - Im just saying (and I don't believe I am alone) that this isn't the right move for us 

Why do you think Henry will be good ? - because he was good player ? - so was Zola, Stamm, Keane, Bryan Robson, Paul Merson

Sorry but this just reminds me of all the fans who use "We could have been Sunderland" when defending Bruce.

For every Zola, Staam, Keane etc I am 1000 percent certain you can find a plethora of talented players who went on to become great managers.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sherwood and Garde are 49 and 52 respectively.  Klopp is younger than Garde.  Unai Emery is younger than either of them, and he's already managed Sevilla, Spartak Moscow, Valencia, PSG and now Arsenal.

I've seen a lot of your posts in this thread urging caution around a young coach, but what's the alternative?  Apologise to Bruce and see if he'll come back?

Lets think about that ? - We probably have the biggest fanbase in the division , are generally still seen as big club - there were 35k, watching Villa v Sheffield ? - Are you seriously suggesting there is no alternative to a guy who has never managed a team in his life ? 

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

Is this the young progressive manager that eveyone has been crying out for ?  - and if he bombs will those calling for young progressive - stop making such calls ? - Because in my opinion we have tried young progressive before with Garde and Sherwood - but then these are dismissed as not progressive.

So is Henry project progressive ? - even if he fails ? 

Rick Wakeman IN! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but this just reminds me of all the fans who use "We could have been Sunderland" when defending Bruce.

For every Zola, Staam, Keane etc I am 1000 percent certain you can find a plethora of talented players who went on to become great managers.

No the poster prior said I never posted anything constructive - Ive have been saying all thread we go hell for leather and land the best manager we feasibly can - (constructive) - I said I would like to see Brendan Rodgers (constructive)

Having answered the posters questions - I posed on of my own - Why do we think Henry will be so good ? - serious question - no hidden agenda.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Zidane springs to mind. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

No the poster prior said I never posted anything constructive - Ive have been saying all thread we go hell for leather and land the best manager we feasibly can - (constructive) - I said I would like to see Brendan Rodgers (constructive)

Having answered the posters questions - I posed on of my own - Why do we think Henry will be so good ? - serious question - no hidden agenda.

I can’t speak for everybody - but then again many have already given their reasons - but for me it’s this.

I have no idea whether he will be good.

But I have no idea whether anyone would be.

Weve seen time and again both here and elsewhere that you dont always get what you expect.

A success at one place fails elsewhere and vice versa.

And we’ve seen time and again untried gambles pay off, and fail.

I just want us to try something that’s for us, that we take a lead on, that we risk things for, that we are the brave/bold/innovative player in the game.

I want us to stop crouching around with Mcleishes, Bruce’s, MONs, and allllllllllllllllllllllll the rest, stop thinking so and so is laughing at us, so and sos fans will mock us, come out defiantly and with a touch of arrogance and say we are Aston Villa. We have money. We are Brave. We are Coming For You. We Are Back.

So, that might make no sense. It will surely be mocked. But that’s my take.

• Like 2

Just now, villa89 said:

Zidane springs to mind. 

I don’t think the quality of player has an effect on how good they are as manager... there’s loads of examples either way good and bad. It’s just different people and being fitted to the job role, a bit of luck, and a bit of intelligence.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I can’t speak for everybody - but then again many have already given their reasons - but for me it’s this.

I have no idea whether he will be good.

But I have no idea whether anyone would be.

Weve seen time and again both here and elsewhere that you dont always get what you expect.

A success at one place fails elsewhere and vice versa.

And we’ve seen time and again untried gambles pay off, and fail.

I just want us to try something that’s for us, that we take a lead on, that we risk things for, that we are the brave/bold/innovative player in the game.

I want us to stop crouching around with Mcleishes, Bruce’s, MONs, and allllllllllllllllllllllll the rest, stop thinking so and so is laughing at us, so and sos fans will mock us, come out defiantly and with a touch of arrogance and say we are Aston Villa. We have money. We are Brave. We are Coming For You. We Are Back.

So, that might make no sense. It will surely be mocked. But that’s my take.

Excited by the unknown I suggest - I get that.

But to me the two worst managers in recent times were Sherwood and Garde - both totally out of there depth at a big club.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Reports saying 2 mill per year salary.

FFP !!! - That must be close to a record for a first managerial job  - especially in the championship

Edited by hippo