New Manager Speculation

maqroll

17 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

In the same article it says he left lazio after 2 days in charge and walked out on marsielle after first game of the season, add that to the fact he is a pretty unsuccessful manager why would you want him? Because pep and poch like him? 

Arsene wenger liked remi garde and he's f'in terrible. 

Lazio massively took the piss and were a shambles at the time. Still though he is a mentalist, in a good way.

1 hour ago, ismail-villa said:

If we were able to get Brendan Rodgers in I'd love that. 95% chance that he'll say no, but who knows. He must be bored with the Scottish league now, give him a challenge. 

We are in the championship....with no money.

We have to get serious with who we can entice.

A man who has done the double double woll be on the same list as Wenger. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We are in the championship....with no money.

We have to get serious with who we can entice.

A man who has done the double double woll be on the same list as Wenger. 

I know, was wishful thinking. 

2 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

If we were able to get Brendan Rodgers in I'd love that. 95% chance that he'll say no, but who knows. He must be bored with the Scottish league now, give him a challenge. 

100% chance he’d say no .

For me unrealistically but if there was a hope then 1 of either Benithez, Ranieri or Wenger in a heartbeat.

On a realistic note I would think Claude Puel would be perfect.

If all else fails then Sam Allerdyce (1 season only) or Chris Coleman.

...But no way to McLaren, Pearson or Redknapp.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

For me unrealistically but if there was a hope then 1 of either Benithez, Ranieri or Wenger in a heartbeat.

On a realistic note I would think Claude Puel would be perfect.

If all else fails then Sam Allerdyce (1 season only) or Chris Coleman.

...But no way to McLaren, Pearson or Redknapp.

McLaren has got the qpr job , for various reasons I don’t  see any of the others you mention being options . 

Allardtce drove a hard bargain at Everton , no way would he come here under the current financial situation .

Edited by Eastie

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Neil Lennon has done well at Hibs, failed miserably at Bolton but that was a stupid place to go at the time due to the financial situation.

Bit like ours then?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would like a head coach like Jokanovic or Nuno, but I don't know of a suitable candidate at the moment. What I do know is that we haven't got time to hang about, which is why I would bring Dean Smith in as head coach to kick start our recovery. If someone better is identified then that will be great.

We do not need an old fashioned manager to oversee all aspects from identifying and signing players to tactics and coaching. It hasn't worked once in our last half a dozen attempts. We need to separate what happens on the pitch from the development of a long term plan which will need to be invested in season by season. If necessary we can change the head coach as regularly as we need, while keeping a positive long term investment plan as our blueprint.  We haven't had a long term plan implemented, and have suffered from knee jerk short term gambling. We chucked loads of money away on buying promotion with old and now well past their prime players with little or no sell on value, and are saddled as a consequence with a huge wage bill for a Championship team.

We have to change. There can be no if's, but's, or maybe's!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I would like a head coach like Jokanovic or Nuno, but I don't know of a suitable candidate at the moment. What I do know is that we haven't got time to hang about, which is why I would bring Dean Smith in as head coach to kick start our recovery. If someone better is identified then that will be great.

We do not need an old fashioned manager to oversee all aspects from identifying and signing players to tactics and coaching. It hasn't worked once in our last half a dozen attempts. We need to separate what happens on the pitch from the development of a long term plan which will need to be invested in season by season. If necessary we can change the head coach as regularly as we need, while keeping a positive long term investment plan as our blueprint.  We haven't had a long term plan implemented, and have suffered from knee jerk short term gambling. We chucked loads of money away on buying promotion with old and now well past their prime players with little or no sell on value, and are saddled as a consequence with a huge wage bill for a Championship team.

We have to change. There can be no if's, but's, or maybe's!

Football is a simple game. 

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

There is a very thin line between being a progressive manager and a spoofer.

Jaap Stam was a progressive manager season before last.

13 hours ago, romavillan said:

That ship has sailed I think, one of my all time fave managers though. 

He would have a player like Alan Hutton banging in 15 goals a season though we would probably concede 20 with him being out of position so much ?

• Haha 1