Match Thread: Norwich v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’d get Grabban on for Hogan at half time.

Hogan made decent runs. Completely isolated. Team need to press higher up the pitch... 

We havent looked like scoring.

Hogan making runs, but isolated. As always. Adomah, Snodfather ineffective. Doesnt help we look about as bothered as a fly during a shit-drought.

Go 4-4-2. Grabban for Bjarnason, Kodjia for Albert.

Grabban - Hogan

Kodjia - Grealish - Hourihane - Snodgrass

System is awful. Knock it down the line to a player who can’t hold the ball up, then hope to get a cross in to a player who can’t head the ball.

Get Grabban or Kodjia on.

They don’t look like they care much do they really?

Bruce is a right plonker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Great goal but awful defending. Play-offs it is then. :-)

Because we were good enough for autos before? Lol

Watch the difference between us, and the two teams which played yesterday.

We can hardly pass or keep the ball.

That's what happens when you show zero ambition to score a goal. One shot is all it takes.

This is a another bottle job.

Snodgrass and adomah have been pathetic. Adomah is the worst player on the pitch.  Time to drop adomah isnt doing anywhere near what he should be. 

Bring on kodjia for adomah

so, we're going for the "**** piss away the opportunity" card again. But we already played it with such elan and emphasis against QPR and Bolton? This displays a distinct lack of imagination. Perhaps we could venture of our entreprising manager whether he and the players have considered deploying the card " let's not be **** shit again, it's really **** depressing being so predictably awful, bottling dickheads"

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Taylor should have been out quicker to close him down, poor

Make no mistake that goal was Taylor’s fault.

Great finish or not. He couldn’t be arsed to get tight when he should know Murphy had a good left peg.

It was lacklustre.

Just like the whole **** half

**** hell Taylor.  I don't know why he's suddenly ahead of Hutton at LB because Alan was quite rightly keeping him out of the side.

Adomah and Snodgrass have both been ineffective as they have been in most matches lately, and that's why we don't look as good going forward.  Hopefully we don't just take them off and play four strikers again - if Bruce hasn't learnt that by now then I have no idea what he's doing.  I do think Hutton links up better on the left with Adomah and Grealish than Taylor does and I wonder if his re-inclusion would help.

Kodjia is the big temptation but I'd probably rather see Davis on alongside Hogan.  Not sure who I'd take off as Hourihane is always a goal threat and I think Bjarnason has played well and holds things together in the middle.  However, we can't take a full back off or we'll get opened up, so it's either one of them to go, or we put Grealish on the left and take Albert off.

• Like 1

Just now, sonic_bouma said:

Can’t believe the Cardiff game on Tuesday is going to be pointless. 

The minimum we could have done is give Cardiff something to fight for.

They still will have.

Thanks to Fulham

Certainly not pointless on Tuesday either way as I’d much rather beat Cardiff and play them again in the play offs - plenty of time here to turn this around .