Match Thread: Bolton v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Johnstone generally gets it to the halfway line, some think Bosnich never managed. But I agree it a measure of degree of how bad rather than how good. I’d take Bosnich as a goalie though. 

Oh of course, he's not fit to lace Bosnich's boots and will never be half as good as Bosnich was in his prime.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

You cant really blame Bruce for this today, its more down to our lack of options on the bench.

The defence has picked itself today and you cant expect Adomah, Snodgrass, Grealish to be scoring every week. Hourihane is the only player that's been disappointing recently.

We've been the better side, despite the conditions - but that goal is massive.

I think we'll score one or two - but I've a feeling we'll need three.

Referees like this one are a danger to players -the one on Bjarnason is a bad one and there could have been a couple of penalties. It's the old thing that Mark Halsey used to do, make decisions that wind players up and then book them once they display that frustration. He's awful.

We’re unlucky to be behind, and you could reasonably blame both the weather and the ref, but this isn’t the response I was expecting after monday’s debacle. 

• Like 1

Played decent since the goal and both Snoddy and Grealish have provided some great crosses but Grabban hasn't yet been able to take advantage.

If Villa get the equaliser I would back them to go on and win this comfortably, that is if Villa don't concede again.